The Fall: Development Update @ Official Forums
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

The Fall: Development Update @ Official Forums

There's a short update on the current status of 'The Fall: Last Days of Gaia' on the Silver Style forums from Lead Designer, Carsten Strehse. Here's the <a href="http://www.silver-style.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5573" target="_blank">post</a>:<blockquote><em>Some info for my non-German friends. <br> <br>The Extended Version of The Fall has gone Gold. The release will be at the end of April. The EV includes two new maps, a lot of new features, quests and characters, better graphics and some new voice actors. Of course all that additional content is also included in the US version. <br> <br>The release in Russia will be somewhere in May. That's quite sure now. <br> <br>Regarding the release of the US version we have no fixed date yet. It's also a matter of marketing and distribution not only of development. From our point of view the most important thing is that the product is perfectly polished at its release.</em></blockquote>
Post Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:59 pm
screeg

GODDAMNIT!!
By the time this game comes out in English, I'll have to download an emulator to play it, on the oldskool "Pentium" processor, back when computers had less than a terrabyte of RAM.
Post Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:01 pm

me again

quote:
Originally posted by screeg
GODDAMNIT!!
By the time this game comes out in English, I'll have to download an emulator to play it, on the oldskool "Pentium" processor, back when computers had less than a terrabyte of RAM.

LoL
Post Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:09 pm

Zebulon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Autsch !!

I nearly forgot this masterpiece of art ! Now my head aches again !
I have ruined a holidays week with that stuff.
(not to mention 45€ for a game that was 68% done.)

Ok..i stopped updating with version 1.5 ( and shortly after that i stopped playing the game too) , so i cant tell about the current state..
but i am sure that i dont wanna buy the extension pack or whatever is coming from that company...
their usual tactic is starting a new game before the last one is working.

Zeb ( trying to forget...)
Post Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:33 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

The new content will be included in the next patch.
Post Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:03 am
nbknew

well ... i have the spanish version of this game and I hope the english version will be a working version and not the shity version they released in spanish . I have installed the game but I could not play even 10 minutes of it .It was full of errors .Normaly , in any game some of these errors are fixed with the next patch but the thing is that the next patch is not coming ... SilverStyle released a unplayable game and never fixed it with a patch (for the spanish version at least) .The answer they give to the ppl that bought the game is that the company that made the translation does not exist anymore and that they are planing to release the patch "soon" . That "soon" is like ... when the the game will not be worth playing , or when the english version (or why not ... sequel) will come out but I think that the release date will better be changed to "when pigs will fly " . I can't belive that such gaming studios exist ... to release a game that is not playable is one thing but to let the game still in stores is another ... yes ... the game is still in stores and ppl who don't know the story still buy it only to find out that the box they paid 49 euro is worthless. Ppl who want to know the true stories are wolcome to check this link http://vaultx.no-ip.com:8080/thefall/viewforum.php?f=5
Post Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:47 pm