Usergroups
magic level
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
r0otZ
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

am i just wasting skill points on higher circles of magic? besides being able to use different runes, why should i bother learning higher magic levels? can i get a better armor than the high firemage armor from the old camp by learning the last circle of magic? oh and what is the last circle? 5 ?
Post Sun Dec 09, 2001 6:11 am

Post Sun Dec 09, 2001 11:58 am

JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Circle 4 - Flamestrike... That damn spell is the first spell that gives you a feel of being a powerful mage...
Circle 5 - Wave of Ice... To take out lots of enemies...

If you do Magic full-scale, then you will be ok as a mage. If you only spend a bit of your skillpoints on magic, its better for you to become a warrior.

Remember the Orc Hammer. Requires 22 strength! You can use that hammer without having to put a single dot on strength since you can obtain 22str on other means.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Sun Dec 09, 2001 3:42 pm
r0otZ
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

too late man, im lvl 22 i think and i have 113 strength, where do i get these spells your talking about? flamestick? where where where????????
Post Sun Dec 09, 2001 6:29 pm
r0otZ
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

derrr..... flamestick = flamestrike =P
Post Sun Dec 09, 2001 6:34 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

r0otZ:

Actually, its not flamestrike, its fire storm. Sorry. =(

Do this:
Get the books about the circles (6 of em) and read them. They contain information about all the spells you will have in each circle.

The Firestorm and Wave of Ice can be bought from Corrinto (water-mage & guardian of the ore mound, new camp) after you have left the four focusstones to Saturnas.

Its your choice if you want to play as mage or warrior. I tought its even funnier to play as mage than it was to play as a warrior. When I solved the game I had 146 strength, but now when I have replayed that part and found the hidden potions I had 210 strength when I solved the game

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Sun Dec 09, 2001 7:33 pm