Any casters give advice please?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Farseer
City Guard
City Guard

Any casters give advice please?

I am playing a HIghelf caster (pure) and am finding that the spells seem way overpriced for so luittle benifits. IE the fire,frost,poison shields. By the time you cast your protections they are wearing off, and if you make one to cover all of them it still is so out of reach to be worth it. DOes it get any better with skills 75+?? Mine are all at 60s range and still it seems a bit much.
Post Sat May 11, 2002 7:45 am

Hmm, No casters out there with insight??
Post Sat May 11, 2002 11:50 am

HydroSqueegee
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I never deal with defensive magic at all... i go with the theory that the best defense is a good offence. youll spend more magic covering your ass and killing the bad guy than if you have 2 or three uber destructive combos and just chug heal potions or use an enchanted healing item.
short and to the point battles
Post Sat May 11, 2002 5:07 pm
Neonblitz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm playing a high elf mage. I find that the summoning spells work well. Since the NPC's will attack them and I cast heal or drink potions till the fight is over. This works well on multiple or hard mobs. For easier things I just use fire or frost or shock. One thing I did was work on my Alchemy skill. Now I can make fatigue and magika potions, plus get lotz of cash selling the potions I make back to the same barterer
Post Sat May 11, 2002 6:05 pm
Farseer
City Guard
City Guard

THanks for the replys.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 5:48 am

pure casters can be tricky biz if you ask me. In Vvarden magic is a few things pricey, power, and trickey to master. most spells in the game are expensive and not that spectacular. Odds are you'll wanna make most of the spells your self. But in the mean time i would suggest summoned creature supported with healing and offensive skills. Another class you may consider is battle mage. They are great with magic but are good with a sword too.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 8:13 am

moondrago

I rock

the last few guys who said about the summon creture are right one and do the alchemy thing i got mine up to 95 right now and when you need money thats not a problem ....then when you have enought money go and make your own spells ....i have a couple hight lvl spells to do some fast damage and then i switch over to my lower ones to finish them off ,all the while casting greater bonewalker to run some interferce for me while i heal and take magic potions ...potions i make my self and dont forget to fortify your INT that way you have all kinds of magicka to cast with. the potions are stackalbe meaning take one for 10 points puts your int up to 110 take anought one 120 .....and so on .....i had my magic up to 625 then i just summons a whole armies
highest lvl spell is a shock spell cost about 150 to cast and it does about 50-100 damage for 7 seconds .....sweet .....then switch to a lower spell and finish it off
Post Mon May 13, 2002 4:46 am