Mark of Zenithar
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
eXecutor
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Mark of Zenithar

I m level 60, member of Morag Tong, usual armour, weapons, no disiase, and when I m in Ald Ruhn nobody wants to speak with me, thay say me:

"you have mark of Zenithar" get lost or something?????????

i can play without Ald Ruhn, but i have some tasks there and I wanna finish
is it cause i m Morag tong???
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 1:24 pm
Sir Lawrence
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I get the same comment and it's ticking me off. I'm under the impression it's because I joined the Temple. (But, hell, I've joined everybody that will take me, and I'm sure that's going to cost me somewhere down the line!) Now, I'm completing the Prilgrim's tour of the shrines, and if that don't make those fools do business with me, I'm thinking of taking out the town! (Oh, I'm House Redoran-maybe I'll give that a little more thought) Maybe some of you pacesetters can expound on some of these thoughts.
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 10:54 pm
Prgrmr@wrk
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

At the time I saw this response, I had only joined the thieves guild. Maybe it's a main plot thing?
Post Sat Jun 15, 2002 12:45 am
dirty sanchez

ok heres the deal, this just happened to me last night. i was doing a quest for house redoran, when i stumbled upon an argonian in the road, he tells me that he needs me to deliver 5 exquisite shirts to some guy in ald'ruhn. so im like ok no problem im goin back there anyways. then he informs me that he doesnt know if he trusts me and makes me swear an oath. he makes you swear by zenithar. so i go to ald'ruhn and i cant even find this guy he told me to deliver them to, and now nobody will do any business with me. thats how it happened to me. i still havent figured out how to fix this, but i think i might casually strut into EB and snipe the strat guide. when i find out i'll post the answer if someone hasn;t already.
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 5:25 am

Doomisnear
Village Leader
Village Leader

This one is really easy to solve. You have to find the guy those shirts belong to. If I remember right it is one of the shop keepers. Whether a trade house or a clothier. Are you sure it was Ald'ruhn though? I would check the journal to be sure. Once you deliver the shirts the mark will be lifted. Easy as that.
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 5:45 am
Charlie
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You can find that shirt guy (I believe) in that big mushroom like manor. Should be no sweat.
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 5:53 am
FireAnt
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

the merchant that the shirts belong to is in ald'Rhun in the big shell thing (where a house redoran place and servrel manorers are). You go into it and there is a ramp that goes to the floor then one that goes up from the floor. go to the floor and get off the ramp(miught have to jump a rope) to the left there is a fine clothier shope go in there. the guy witch you need to deliver the clothes to is in there. give him the clothes and the damn mark willb e gone
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 5:58 am
Sir Lawrence
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Uh, oh! Well, that explains it! Guess I've screwed up and I don't know if I can fix this. I took the quest to return the shirt, and forgot about it. God knows where I sold those shirts and I don't know if I can find them again. Anybody know how I might fix this other than find the shirts? Maybe I can visit the clothier and tell him I'm a member of the Gotti family! Worse yet, this gives me some problems on the trek of the Seven Graces. Think I'll post that and see what the gurus have to say.
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 11:05 am
FireAnt
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

there is a way to spawn items with the consol but i don't know how.... where the clothes called nething special? or i guess u could do something in the editor
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 10:49 pm
Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

quote:
Originally posted by Sir Lawrence
Uh, oh! Well, that explains it! Guess I've screwed up and I don't know if I can fix this. I took the quest to return the shirt, and forgot about it. God knows where I sold those shirts and I don't know if I can find them again. Anybody know how I might fix this other than find the shirts? Maybe I can visit the clothier and tell him I'm a member of the Gotti family! Worse yet, this gives me some problems on the trek of the Seven Graces. Think I'll post that and see what the gurus have to say.

Lets dwell on this one.

How could you have sold the shirts?

I thought the Mark prevents people from making transactions? Bug?
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 8:27 am
FireAnt
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Baalcipher that is seriously the funniest thing i have heard all day at first i thought you where sad like dwelling but when i read the rest i couldn't stop laughing...in fact i am laughing right now
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 1:39 am
Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

And the good Sir still hasnt clarified the specifics on that issue.

Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 7:48 am
Sir Lawrence
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

OK, let me see if I can make this clearer. If you have the Mark of Zenithar, then no one in Ald'ruhn will barter with or train you. They will talk to you, but just no business. Carried those shirts around long enough to lose focus and sold them. I have located them now in the Temple in Ebonheart, and I'm off to Ald'ruhn (in a bit) to see if the dude will erase my mark. Man-do you know how to decorate a posting!
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 8:32 pm

Wow, I am glad I am evil. I just killed him and stole his shirts.
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 8:38 pm

hyde
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by FireAnt
the merchant that the shirts belong to is in ald'Rhun in the big shell thing (where a house redoran place and servrel manorers are). You go into it and there is a ramp that goes to the floor then one that goes up from the floor. go to the floor and get off the ramp(miught have to jump a rope) to the left there is a fine clothier shope go in there. the guy witch you need to deliver the clothes to is in there. give him the clothes and the damn mark willb e gone

This loop happened to me as well. I think the main reason so many people get confused and come here seeking an answer (myself included) is because we immediately go to Ald Ruhn to return the shirts, then check our map for the clothier hut, but in this town, the clothier we see has a name very similiar (keeping in mind how wack names are to begin with) to what the Argonian said and we think thats the clothier not bothering to check letter-for-letter spelling out of our journal. We head on over to the hut but the lady will not talk to us and up comes the Zenithar mark loop. I thought I did something wrong at first. It had me frustrated for a while as I had a bunch of stones and the like I needed to sell. I actually at first had no idea the mark was due to the shirts (hasty reading = bad) so I left the shirts on the ground in Ald Ruhn and thought perhaps I needed to cure some invisible ailment that wasn't showing up. Once that failed, frustration got the best of me and I headed here.
Post Sat Jun 22, 2002 5:25 am