Unarmored monk style
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Mereel77
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Unarmored monk style

I read an earlier post about how worthless the unarmored hand-to-hand style is. Does anyone have another opinion on that? Also, what about an unarmored "kensai" type character?

On another note, who's pissed off that we can't dual-wield?
Post Wed May 08, 2002 2:18 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

It is not good idea to play such a kind of character in game without critical strikes and without improving number of critical strikes.
Reason is simple - if you will fight with your hands, you will not be able to use better and better weapons. And therefor you will not be able to fight with stronger and stronger monsters. This game is simply not for such character.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 5:45 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I play a naked lizardman with a spear (though they make me put on pants when I get to a town). Works for me. I'm not sure what armor does anyways... my orc blocks, sure... but take the shield off and his armor class of 22 gets hit just as much as my lizards' armor class of 8, and takes as much damage.

I tried unarmed first... and while it's fun to rip slaughterfish apart barehanded (I swim to all locations that I can, or can get as close to as possible. At last an RPG where I can swim properly! Pearl diving is a nice early game cash maker, too.) I realized it just won't cut it when I get down to the real fighting (mostly I'm an explorer).

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed May 08, 2002 5:56 am
Beo
Space Defender
Space Defender

Re: Unarmored monk style

quote:
Originally posted by Mereel77

Also, what about an unarmored "kensai" type character?

On another note, who's pissed off that we can't dual-wield?

You can create a relative powerful character by duo class your monk. Magic will accompany your unarmored fighter pretty well.

This is the only game that you can have a pet for your mighty fighter.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 5:57 am
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

I am 100 in Speed/HtH/Agility/Strength + 50 in Block/Unarmored, yet it is very difficult to take out some monsters my friend consider "easy". I must rest after each fight, and quench a unlimited amount of Healthpotions (they dont have any left in any stores now).

If I switch to a blunt weapon I miss most of my deffense, wich makes defeating anything else than unconcious enemies or rats impossible.

I have been able to "quake" a few tough monsters, but I do not think they are meant to be beaten that way... (Strafe, strafe, jump, forward, hit, out, forward, hit, jump, strafe, reload, strafe again)

HtH are meant to knock opponent unconcious, doing that are not too difficult, and is actually very effective (compared to using blunt weapons)
The difficult part is to make them stay down afterwards, wich requires constant beating in 10-30 seconds. If you have more than one enemy in one combat, the difficulty is raised 500.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Wed May 08, 2002 7:08 am