Please i have to know!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
honourcobain
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Please i have to know!

i played this game just for a several days for now, and im very impressed! its an amazing game and when i try to explore the woods im so scared, i cant explain the feeling when i was just level 1 and crossed an Orc that spilts my skull just with one blow...and after that im so scared to explore the areas, orcs, worgs, shadowbeasts oooh my....im now level 6 but nothing changed, just 2 blows and i get killed..thats very very fun..i cant remember any other game that so scarred me..i explore the area step by step and save after save..))
i need to know if im supposed to explore the whole area before i advance to chapter 2?? or will i lose something when i start Ch2? what changes in the game when advancing to chapter 2?
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:29 am
Danica
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

When going to chapter two, some monsters respawn, some merchants restock and some new quests become available. If one is going for maximizing experience points, one should try to clear out the map while still in chapter 1.

It is doable, with a few exceptions, the tricks are 1/ to level up with the easy area first, then slowly venturing to the more difficult ones and 2/ to learn the weapon combos.

Relativly easy areas are around the path from the town, to Onar's farm and around the tavern, while the area north of the lighthouse is hard.

In the start kill all the wolves, goblins, field raiders, giant rats, bloodflies you encounter, after practicing and leveling up a while you'll notice that you can start killing Black goblins, scavengers, goblin skeletons and lizards, eradicate those then finally you'll start being able to kill Shadowbeasts, orcs , wargs, snappers and skeletons.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:49 am
honourcobain
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

i spend almost all my LP s to one handed weapons for now, what are weapon combos exactly? are they any mouse klicking tricks or keys for this? i step forward and swing my sword like hell but didnt notice any combos
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:30 pm
Danica
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Timing is everything when trying to make combos.

1/ Parry (CTRL-S) and attack immediatly after with (CTRL-W) is a no brainer. You will not get damaged and you hit the oppening before he can parry. Does not work against animals though.

2/ Swinging the weapon Left-Right-Left-Right-... (CTRL-A) (CTRL-D)... practice that... you need to do it in the right tempo not too quick not to slow. If you achieve a fluid motion you are doing it right and you can keep going on forever. If you manage to back the opponent agains the wall he is as good as dead if you master this.

3/ (CTRL-F) (CTRL-F) (CTRL-F) (CTRL-F) In the right tempo you get a fluid movement: First an up-down slash, then a down-up slash with the weapon ending above your head, then an up-down slash again and finally a circular attack. Great for backing an oppoenent against the wall then finishing it with 2/

With practice you can start combining 2/ and 3/
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:53 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

the more you train the easier it is to do combo attacks, with the right timing you'll be able to do them, press the next key right after your character has swung the sword, you can try forward, forward, forward, forward, or a very nice one is just right left right left forward forward, different combos work better against different creatures, just experiment. Always try to avoid letting the enemy hit you, with things like orcs, lizards, or anything else that tends to lung at you when attack, a good way is to set back quickly and take right left swings, rather than parry
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:57 pm
honourcobain
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

the game begin more interesting...thanks you all...ill start training immediatly..i wish there would be a dummy like the one in Revenant
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:31 pm
Danica
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

You do not need an opponent to practice the combos, just do it somewhere outside town in order not to provoke people when drawing a weapon.

There is a guy behind the warehouse in the dock area, between noon and 3pm. You can 'practice' with him (ie beat him up) 4-5 times, he even pays you 50gp each time
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:44 pm