Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
i cant be harrad,s apprentice anymore, why?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
wacko3
Village Leader
Village Leader

i cant be harrad,s apprentice anymore, why?

is there a lcertain number of days within wich u have to become he,s apprentice? apperently being a blacksmith is easy money....
I cant talk to him anymore the only thing that appeares is END

The last 3 quests i did was the experiment and i dotn have a bad rep , fighting with the guy behind the warehouse and i took the package from akil,s farm to the thief in the harbour's bar.....

is there any way i can get harrad to hire me ? cuz im already screwed about thing and it pisses me off i didnt get mateo's quest and i cant learn lockpicking from the carpenter......i know what i have to do to get into the thieves guild but still ...
i dunno is the DEVs did the game like that on purpose to ad replay value but i think it sux that with if dont talk at the right time to the right person your missing quests .....

so anyone with any kinda of help id appreciate it ... also id like to know is there an official game guide book published? i dont wanted someone to hold my hand through the game but still having it to rely on would be nice ... its a pain to have to exit the game and read walkthroughs on the net ..its hard to find what your looking for on those
Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:40 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Did you bring harad an orc sword?

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:44 am
wacko3
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Uriziel
Did you bring harad an orc sword?

yes i did
i got his approval to be bosper's apprentice and i am right now...
maybe its that stupid i cant do both?????????
Post Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:09 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Yes, you can only apprentice for one master.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:14 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

but dont worry, you can get shed loads of gold working for bosper, wargs are in abundance and once you can beat them thats 150 per skin and i'll bet there is well over 100 wargs in the game.
Post Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:50 am
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Blacksmithing is by *far* the easiest way to make money. You can easily turn 1000gp into 15000gp in less than 30 mins with blacksmithing.

With Bosper, that would require you to hunt, kill and skin 100 wargs, which would likely take you weeks!
Post Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:43 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

Okay. Its 25 gold per warg skin. Not 150. There are about 5 trolls in game which are I think 300 gp per hide. 6 if you include the black troll which is 350 gold for its hide. Shadow Beasts are 250 per hide and there are around 10 or so of those, maybe more. Wolves are 10 and sheep are 10. I can't think of anything else that gives hides except lurkers and swampsharks but you can't sell those to Bosper. And then there are numerous other trophies but they are only worth a third of what they say they are worth. I can name all the real valuable trophies if need be.

Edit: Its 100 gp per sword. So 1k gp would be 10k gp not 15k.
Post Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:53 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

details.

Bosper is easier because you will kill those beasts anyway, while for Harad you will have to spend time forging.
Harad is better for starters, imo, because he will let you make money in the very beginning of the game, when you need the money the most. In the beginning you can't make a lot of money with Bosper because you can only kill some wolves.
Post Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:41 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

Huh? I've killed around 30 or so wolves...around 40 wargs...quite a few shadowbeasts a black troll....and I think thats about it pelt wise. No cheating and this is all chapter 1. The crossbow IS the strongest weapon in the game... except against trolls, skeletal undead, mine crawler warriors, most golems.... and thats about it.
Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:31 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Sem is right, but also wrong.

Bosper is the best master. You make money for doing what you have to do anyway. With Harad you can make early money, but you don't need it yet, and forging is friggin boring.

Follow the QUESTS and you will have plenty of money. Being Bospers apprentice just adds to the bank for things you will do anyway.

Don't eat the herbs you collect...sell them and buy potions. You make more money for the herbs than the potions cost. The potions heal you quicker and are a better value. Herb X will give you X healing, or X money. You can use the money and get a potion that does more healing, and pocket some money.( but don't sell herbs that give a perm stat bonus)

Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:44 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Uriziel
Sem is right, but also wrong.

Bosper is the best master. You make money for doing what you have to do anyway. With Harad you can make early money, but you don't need it yet, and forging is friggin boring.

Follow the QUESTS and you will have plenty of money. Being Bospers apprentice just adds to the bank for things you will do anyway.

Maybe that's something only in the addon then, because the first chapter I really needed money for every belt, amulet and ring just to make sure fieldraiders wouldn't kill me.

Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:44 pm
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

I won't play the addon because it sounds like alot of number crunching.
Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:15 am
Fez
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Tsk. Why is everyone obsessed with who is the best master? Just choose who you want or who suits the character you are roleplaying, it's not like you'll be short of money or items in this game anyway. You can't lose by choosing a master.
Post Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:04 am