Kult: Review @ Idle Thumbs
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Kult: Review @ Idle Thumbs

The first <a href="http://www.idlethumbs.net./display.php?id=58" target="_blank">review</a> of 3D People's 'Kult: Heretic Kingdoms' has hit the 'net at Idle Thumbs. There's no score but here's the intro:<blockquote><em>Somewhere near the onset of the game I offered to pay a miller the dowry that his son in law owed him. The miller's exact words were, "Do you have some pathological need to help people?" By god! He's right! I do! I stopped playing there and took a step back to ponder about what just happened. Curiously enough, once I got back to the game, I forgot about the yellow pad I was supposed to be taking notes on...</em></blockquote>
Post Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:13 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

This is one of those reviews that have a lot of text, but not much relevant content. Not about "Kult" anyway.
I've got no more info about Kult, but know a lot more about the writer himself after reading this review.
Post Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:16 am
methusala
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

It always will amaze me what Dads money will buy.This reviewer,and I use the term lightly,sounds like the kind of kid who,instead of studying for an exam,will pop a couple of bennies the night before and cram everything in,hoping enough will stick to get him a passing grade.Sorry mate,but you failed imo.
Post Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:40 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Pompous waffle should be reluctant in this bussiness.
Hit the crowd, not the few.
Post Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:51 am
crpgnut
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I have to agree with everyone else: this child told us about himself, not about the game. I don't really care that he's a democrat and doesn't believe in God and likes to get drunk. He finds that more important than describing the game. What an idiot! Can we all sign a petition to never have a newsbit that points to this moron again?

For the record, I'm a Republican most of the time, I believe in God and have never been drunk in my life. Maybe I just took offense at the person rather than his poor writing skills.

Kult is a decent game though. It's small but has several nice touches. I enjoyed it enough to have it shipped internationally, which is extremely unusual for me.

One major negative about Kult is the official forums. They are unaccessable about 80% of the time for me. Would it be possible for RPGDot to take over as the official forums for that game? Maybe Corwin could check it out. I know he's been playing the game.
Post Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:12 pm