snake ladies hate me
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
jpgr1964
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

snake ladies hate me

I am visiting the snake ladies to get Zohark (via the front entrance), but they attack me as soon as they see me. I went into their secret room earlier via the 'jumping' route and then made a quick dash to the teleporter to leave. Is this why they attack? My question is, will I still be able to get Zohark and finish the game if I end up having to fight and kill all the snake ladies?

Thanx..
Post Sun Jun 15, 2003 4:45 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

If they have been set to hostile by your earlier actions, then I think you may be forced into battle. I'm not sure if the queen will still talk to you to give you the quest and open the door to the temple of Illusion. Try and find out.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:57 am
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

You can get Zohark after she's dead. I actually pickpocketed it off her at one point, just for kicks. But, there are a few scenes that won't happen if you don't go back and fix it. Although, you can still finish the game your options are more limited.

I also think corwin is right. The temple can't be accessed unless you're on her good side. But that I don't remember, in truth.

I would just go back and choose "not" to go into the secret room. At least not until you make nice with the snake's. Then you can go in and out of there without incident.

On a side note........I miss this game. I want #2 NOW!
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:23 pm
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

Dumb question again. Where is the front door to the snake women and how do you get there? I went in from the treasure area but reloaded when they got angry. If the entrance to them is from the tombs I'm stuck there. Can't get the gate to open in the round room 5 level 7. That's the one with levers labeled A-G.
Any help will be greatly appreciated as I really don't want to fight the snakewomen. I can't see to get any farther in the game now. Thanks so much.
Post Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:39 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

There is a "front entrance" to the snake women's and you need not go through the crypt to get there. I won't spoil you about how to get there. It's pretty straight forward. Just find a way to go from level 4 to 5 to 6 and there is no crypt involved.

BTW, If you come in through the secret area and never open the "force field" that allows entry into the compound, then you can always leave from that way without upsetting the snake women.
Post Sun Sep 14, 2003 3:44 pm
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

Thanks elkston! Can I guess you played Thief? I found my way in and did the illusion stuff. Now I'm supposed to save the queen and I can't remeber how to get back to the Crystal Caves. I think I had them confused with the Ice Caves where the Dragon is. I printed all the maps but still have trouble getting back and forth. I never did get out of round room 5 or get the helmet. If you can help with that I would appreciate it very much. Thanks
Post Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:46 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Snake Ladies

jpgr and the others are right. Your best bet is go back and don't make them mad. Hawk seems to be everywhere. Hawk you have to get back to get the shield. I posted a question for you on this in other thread. We can go step by step if need be, but lets stay on one thread to do it. It is easier for me and for others who have same question. I'm not lecturing, I just want to help you in fastest way possible.
Mark Twain

Last edited by Cm on Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:17 pm
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

Yes, I guess I'm a little flighty. LOL!! I way past all that. It seems I post then discover something new to get into. Did the illusion, saved the queen snake, got the shield and saved the king. I'm back in the tombs and just got the levers done right so I can leave room 5. Now there are 4 rooms 6,7,8, & 9. I can't open any and there is a trap after that. I am reading the walkthrough and it wants me to go into room 8 and I can't. I'm gonna backtrack to the lower rooms and see if I can find anything. Please let me know what you think. Thanks so much for the trouble and patience.
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:16 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Hawk

You have probably found it by now but there are levers for two of the rooms, and keys for the others, all easy at this point. The trap at end must levitate over it and then you can close from other side. You wll see the levers. Have fun, that is the main thing. Sometimes we just have to step away for a few minutes to see what we were missing. Go save Arx for us.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:56 am
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

Yes, I did find my way out and got the helmet. Getting past those 2 Liches was tough. One at a time please. LOL!!! I did insert the shiny orb into the wall and clicked on it. Heard something happen but couldn't find a way into the other tunnels. Unless I'm reading the walk though wrong. I thought doing this made another short cut.
Well I decided to do the murder quest and found Carlo but can't remember who Enoil is.
One more question please. Earlier in the game I started the chickenman quest. Found the clue in the Troll mines but can't find the room under the prison to get any farther. I went back to the beginning when you first escape and drop down the hole. Searhed that area but couldn't find anything. I need a hint here if you don't mind. Thanks for all your help again.
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:43 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Secret Passage and Chicken man

Good job. Now the Orb thing doesn't open the exit unless you have tried it from other side first time. It is in the mines on level 6, cave 33. The white wall with lever next to it. Enoil is the guy in the Tavern. If you haven't been told to do this quest it won't work. Chicken man is in the crypt. If you can't find him, I'll be more detailed. The clue you are talking about is for the Treasure Chest. Go to tavern and read the first clue on wall behind the one eyed man at the table upstairs. The room the second clue refers to is hidden behind an "Unstable wall". Go do all this first and you should get some good EXP's.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:57 pm
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

Thanks! It's funny how some things are so difficult for one person and not the other. I'm odd I have trouble with simple things and no memory. LOL!!

I did find the chest and put in the emerald for a clue to find in the Troll mine. Did that and now the clue from the mine said to find something you can't see in a secret room below the prison. I found a wall to break but nothing in it.

I do remember trying that lever by a brick wall on level six. Maybe I did it more than once and reclosed it or something.

I am still having trouble fighting these baddies. I can get the Lich one at a time and I have to be able to get away so I can refuel etc. Two Liches no way. I just took a few invisibilty potions when I got the helmet and ran following the arrows. Hope that's okay.
Once again thanks for the help. I could never have gotten this far without it. In fact I probably would have given up. Next time though I want to be a thief/wizard.
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:12 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Stuff (Spoilers)

Go to the room you found under the prison and cast reveal. There are two unstable walls. The room you need is down where you first started the game with Kultar. Then see what is there. The orb had to be in before the lever works, and using F key I think, on orb in crypt makes it take you to mines. May just need to click it. Don't feel bad about the liches. Those two in crypt are nearly impossible until you get to high levels if you fight them both at same time. You might want to check the search thread and find all the ideas here for fighting liches. I used the jump on the broken pillar and then fire Inuit's fireball arrows at them. There are other ways to get them. After you level up to 7 or 8 go back and kill them. Good EXps.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:22 pm
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

Thanks again and I will. Another question is how do I get to the other part of level 7 where the ratmen live. I seem to have missed that too. LOL!!
Post Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:45 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Level 7 Entrance

Go to the Snake Ladies Main chambers and follow their halls in opposite direction from the entrance to their area. You will find a stairwaydown to the next level. Save first. Ratmen are sneaky and usually come in pairs.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:51 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next