Plugin: Maneqiun
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
FireAnt
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Plugin: Maneqiun

Right now i have skeleton manequin and i'm really liking it but it can't hold wepons. are there any mnequins that can?
Post Thu Nov 21, 2002 4:07 am
Wrothgarr
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

49 views and no replies, ouch.

The thing about mannequins is that they behave like humanoid corpses. If you kill an npc (guard, bandit etc) and they die while holding their weapon, take their weapon off. This is where the 'thing that doesn't let the corpse reequip the weapon' happen as you'll notice the corpse's face change (eyes open, mouth close). If you put the weapon back, it will go in their bag, rather than hand. This isn't the same for shields as they are still considered armour.

The point I'm trying to make is that you don't need a new mannequin mod, the skeletons work fine. You just need a corpse mod that makes them reequip their weapon when you put it back. I do not know of such a mod and have worries that one may be buggy as shields and two-handed weapons may not be compatible.

edit:dang, i found a site somewhere at college today but i cant remember where. I'll keep looking
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 2:40 pm
Wrothgarr
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Found it!

It's still unfinished, and there are still some major/minor bugs, but if you talk to the guy who made it and ask if you can beta test it, he'll send it to you.
Post Tue Jan 14, 2003 5:30 pm