Merchants with cash?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

Merchants with cash?

I know this has to have been addressed elsewhere, but I haven't the time to research it ... and so I will be lazy and ask, when selling arms/armor who has the most cash to offer? So far the best I've found is the guy in the Fighters Guild in Ald-Rhun (sp?) with 4,000. Is there anyone else with more?

Thanks for your help!!
Post Wed Dec 11, 2002 4:28 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Creeper at Caldera. You come into right house if you see a lot of Orcs. He is upstairs, he will buy many things and got 5,000 bucks every 24 hours . A couple of merchants have more money but they are far away from towns or transportations and restircted to buy few items only.
Post Wed Dec 11, 2002 5:48 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

You can always download a plugin that will make a rich merchant apear, I just don't remember the name of it.
Post Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:02 pm
Oye
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

or you could use a command in the console to give yourself money, it would be just as much cheating in my eyes (and they're large)

¯|_
   |_     
     |_

Post Wed Dec 11, 2002 11:08 pm
FireAnt
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Go to http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/mods/mods.asp and search for Zed. One of the results should be Zed the merchent, download that one.

he is a merchant with piles of cache in balmora near the mage's guilde (you might want to bribe him up for better prices)
Post Thu Dec 12, 2002 1:30 am
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

The money cap is there for balance... so I'd have to agree with those who consider "rich merchant" mods to be cheating. However, make yourself happy. Besides the one which adds a single rich merchant, there are others which give more money to all merchants. And (assuming you're on PC of course), it takes about 2 minutes to use the editor to increase the gold of your merchant(s) of choice.

If you want to stay 'legit', Sirollus Saccus in Ebonheart has around 5000, I think, and there are a few others in that ballpark... the Orc in the Vivec fighters guild (though he has a rank restriction), for one... the smith in the Redoran council house...

If you're on PC and get Tribunal, you'll find the merchants in Mournhold all have more cash, up to 10,000.
Post Thu Dec 12, 2002 1:45 am
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

Thanks for all the help. I will stick it out with out cheating. I am now carting around about 30k ... I was just wondering.

Oh yes, and I was wrong about the guy in Ald-Ruhn, he only has 3,000 it was the Smith in Vivec that has 4,000.

Okay, now a new question, since I have stockpiled about 6 or so really good weapons where does a fighter type buy or loot a charged soul gem from?

I got the three at the start of the game (from the Balmora mages guild) and found out that you can NOT have the local enchanter use them, but any other mages guild will use them. But I have used them and now would like to enchant some of the other stuff I've stockpiled.
Post Thu Dec 12, 2002 3:30 pm
Oye
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

mmh.. Cant say i've come across too many charged soul gems in the game. At least not good ones, which is what you'll want.. If/when you find a low-quality charged soul gem, be sure to use it to enchant a ring/something with soul trap on target, so you'll be able to get your own. Grand soul gems are quite common, and often found in smuggler's caves and the like

¯|_
   |_     
     |_

Post Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:06 pm
FireAnt
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

You could get Azura's soulgem, it's reusable
Post Thu Dec 12, 2002 5:17 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

@Oye - I have only gotten common and petty soul gems. No grandl, great or large. I think I got a regular or normal soul gem from a Demora I killed, but that is it.

So that begs the question, what caves, where?

@FireAnt: Azura? Who? I'd guess this is a joke, like Azura is one of the gods, but (letting my newness show again) I don't get it.
Post Thu Dec 12, 2002 9:20 pm
FireAnt
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Go to http://www.m0use.net/~uesp/morrow/quest/mw_qshrine.shtml#azura

to find out about the azura quest
Post Fri Dec 13, 2002 12:51 am
Oye
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Lintra

@FireAnt: Azura? Who? I'd guess this is a joke, like Azura is one of the gods, but (letting my newness show again) I don't get it.

In several of the coastal cities you'll hear rumors of smuggles 'near here', though nothing concrete. Explore a bit and you'll find a cavern door somewhere not too far away.. You also get some quests involving killing someone in such places. Cant rememberer anything accurate though

And you can get quests from all the gods

¯|_
   |_     
     |_

Post Fri Dec 13, 2002 5:25 am
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

quote:
Originally posted by FireAnt
Go to http://www.m0use.net/~uesp/morrow/quest/mw_qshrine.shtml#azura

to find out about the azura quest

As a goof I tried to follow the link you supplied, but I was not able to connect. Maybe a security feature here at work. But thanks anyway!
Post Fri Dec 13, 2002 2:42 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Oye
quote:
Originally posted by Lintra

In several of the coastal cities you'll hear rumors of smuggles 'near here', though nothing concrete. Explore a bit and you'll find a cavern door somewhere not too far away.. You also get some quests involving killing someone in such places. Cant rememberer anything accurate though

And you can get quests from all the gods

As usual, ask the question, and while waiting for the answer, find it yourself. There is at least one cave near Surnam (sp?) that was loaded, and I mean LOADED, with soul gems. Thanks all.
Post Fri Dec 13, 2002 2:43 pm
djethan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

In the Zainab camp in the Grazelands is a trader with 9000 gold. Just sucks it's so far away from everything.
Post Tue Dec 31, 2002 7:04 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next