Continuity between Gothic and Gothic 2
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Thormiel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Continuity between Gothic and Gothic 2

I went back to play and finish Gothic 1 finally, and I noticed that there's a small continuity problem between the end of Gothic 1 and the beginning of Gothic 2.

At the end of Gothic 2 the hero mentions in the voice over that he got out of the Temple of the Sleeper, but in the introduction of Gothic 2 he gets trapped in the temple with all the rocks falling on him and he lived only because Xardas teleported him out. I guess the developers didn't think they'd be making Gothic 2 when they finished Gothic 1?

Also, what exactly was the connection between the Sleeper and the magic barrier? I mean, why did the barrier disappear after the Sleeper was banished?
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:23 am
Sasa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Re: Continuity between Gothic and Gothic 2

I guess the developers didn't think they'd be making Gothic 2 when they finished Gothic 1?

I think they did, because the end is not full. Our Hero didn't help any one
by breaking magic shield. Even those gays from colony. 90% of them where defeated (and 5% by me in Gothic 2 ). He even helped orcs, by
opening them free way to magic ore!! I think (and I hope ) he's real
mission is to destroy orcs and Gothic 2 is just the beginning!!
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:43 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

quote:
Originally posted by Thormiel
At the end of Gothic 2 the hero mentions in the voice over that he got out of the Temple of the Sleeper, but in the introduction of Gothic 2 he gets trapped in the temple with all the rocks falling on him and he lived only because Xardas teleported him out.

I'm sure Piranha Bytes was planning on making a Gothic 2, or at least they had plans for it. I think when he mentioned he got out of the temple, he meant he got out because Xardas had summoned him out.

The barrier was created to stop the prisoners attempts from escaping. The power used to create the barrier was too great. The magicians accidentally created a barrier too large, which trapped even the magicians themselves. The barrier was destroyed when the sleeper was killed due to the explosion of power that was released after the sleeper's demise.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:15 pm
ChronoTrigger
Village Leader
Village Leader

""I'm sure Piranha Bytes was planning on making a Gothic 2, or at least they had plans for it. I think when he mentioned he got out of the temple, he meant he got out because Xardas had summoned him out.""

it's a good Idea, but i don't think PBs thought in that, when they First made the Game

""The barrier was created to stop the prisoners attempts from escaping.""

True but....""The power used to create the barrier was too great. The magicians accidentally created a barrier too large"",

Wrong, it was an accident, but it was not their fault, Saturas tells you that "SOMETHING DISTURBED THE CREATION OF THE MAGIC DOME" in the Intro, and that something was the SLEEPER's Power, as Saturas did not Know that Something, he thought he knows how to destroy the barrier (With the Ore mount) but he was wrong, because of the sleeper, so Xsardas, that knew about the sleeper long time ago, cause of his studies and Stuff, tells you that Killing The Sleeper, will bring the Magic Barrier Down.

""which trapped even the magicians themselves. The barrier was destroyed when the sleeper was killed due to the explosion of power that was released after the sleeper's demise.""[/quote]

aaaaaa !!! now this makes sence

Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:10 pm
Sasa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Interesting, did some body know about Sleeper before the magic shield
was done?

Ex elf... and if you don't belive, go ask Feanor

By the way... Boo!!!! Scared? No?
Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:44 pm
ChronoTrigger
Village Leader
Village Leader

To SASA: Nope, a Mage told you that Xardas Was once a High Fire Mage, but once trapped into the barrier he build his tower in the Middle of the Orc land, so Nobody disturbes his Studies, (He wants to know What went Wrong, and wanted to learn Black Magic, but that was not allowed by the Fire/Water mages) so, as the years goes by, Xardas Finally discovered what went wrong with the Barrier .
The Templars/Gurus had a vague Idea of what the sleeper was, but most of the things were because they "Weeeeed Too much" and besides that, you are told that at first there was only one camp (The Old Camp) and then, the people that disagree with Gomez made up their minds and Started New Camps (Sect/Merc/Bandits ) so nobody knows (except The Orcs Shamans) that The Sleeper Excisted before The creation of the Barrier

Ps: Gothic 1 is Awesome, i remember that the Most annoying thing about Most of the games was that you were limited by a super sea or a Very Big UNclimbing Mountain, ETC>ETC.. but in gothic 1 you are limited by the Story, it was the best thing that happened to me...

PS2: Look at the number of my Post
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:30 am
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

Hi Guys

I am just curious about the voice over during the beginning intro of the game. I always, all this while thought that was Xardas's voice.
So the introductory voice is actually Saturas ?

I totally agree with CT, Gothic is perhaps one of the best thing that happens to me too
Im toatally addicted to it...more addictive than the swampweeds.
Post Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:40 pm