Enchanting Mithril sword- oops
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Democritus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Enchanting Mithril sword- oops

I suspect I'm headed toward the end of the game here, but have managed to work myself into a corner. I gave Alia the two rings after our moment of passion- sort of an extra treat for her- and got the sheild. Now the Sisters keep going on about my telling them where the rebels are hiding, which I don't seem to be able to do even if I wanted to. They won't enchant the sword, and I have already used up the enchant scrolls that were lying around. After repeated visits to the Sisters, I finally got frustrated, saved the game and killed them all...Just to vent a bit.. Yes- There's the last enchant scroll in their treasure room, but;
A) I would rather not kill them.
B) Lockpicking skill is too low to open the chest that way.
C) Ditto for casting enchant on my own.

Any ideas?
Also, while I'm here, is there a way to find out how to transform Inut without using this forum or the walkthrough as a source of information?
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 7:54 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Then rob/kill Alia and bring the rings to the Sisters (I am curios what the ending would be then)

Are you sure the scroll is locked in a chest in the treasure room? Any chance for you opening it? It would have been actually the best solution.

BTW, dont' know about spellcasting requirements, but my skill was 16 and I succeeded.

Good luck
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 9:01 pm
Achromatic Luminary
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Enchant the sword - SPOILER

If you have made the Meteor Saber or 2 handed sword, talk to the Sister's Queen. She'll ask you for the location of the rebel base (Yes Vader) and then you can enchant the sword yourself. If you don't talk to her first, you can't enchant it. To enchant it, just use the dragon egg on it while it's on the ground, cast enchantment and the click on the sword. It should turn blue.
Post Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:28 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Well, the Queen wont ask about the rebels as she does not know that Am Shegar found them. She will, only if Am Shegar gives the queen the other ring, the one that was kept by the rebels.. But this won't happen as Democritus obviously prefered Alia's reward

Democritus, based on my experience you can safely pickpocket/kill Alia and return the rings to the Sisters. At that point rebels are not of much use anymore..
Post Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:20 am
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

What's the reward if you give the serpent owmen both parts anyway? I'm affraid I went with the walkthrough (as I'm getting a bit tired of loading levels to try different stuff out...) for that part.
Post Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:55 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

quote:
What's the reward if you give the serpent owmen both parts anyway?

Ahh, nothing: the Queen will propose her magik skills to enchant the meteor weapon in return for information on Alia's location. If you betray Alia, you will also get the shortest and the worst cutsceen (w/o Alia) before entering the bunker.

BTW, just one ring is important (from the rebel's camp). As for the other, you are just returning what you borrowed, so no reward for that.
Post Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:22 pm