Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
A few things that I never solved...(more spoilers maybe)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Ragamuffin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The Monk's Column:
At the Monestary Ruins, where you have to become a meatbug to get inside, there's several platforms you can climb...when you finally reach the top, there's a tall marble column...there's also a huge gap and another platform, but if you try to jump to make it, you won't, and you fall, and you die...plop...I imagine you can push the column over to form a bridge in order to reach the other side, but the damn thing will only let me push the column *away* from the gap...I don't know what's on the other side...I guess I could cheat to find out, but...whatever was there, I didn't need it to finish the game...anybody know what that is all aboot? Maybe a pink teddy?

Quinton and Friends:
The thugs...the many, many thugs and their camp with no treasure chests and an empty cave...the only thug with a name, Quinton. Unfortunately I couldn't get close enough to these guys to talk to them, because they were too busy trying to kill me. There didn't seem to be any point in this gang. If you know where the Troll is, they're right near that area...

"What the hell are you doing here?":
Two rogue weed mixers and some moron who says, "What the hell are you doing here?" no matter how many times you beat his ass. I finally had to kill him to get him off my case. Didn't seem to be any use for this, other than robbing the whole lot of them...which I didn't mind doing. But I often wonder if they had any role to play other than mugger's bait.
Post Wed Jan 09, 2002 1:43 am
NecroDancer
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

The column.
If you have acrobatics you can easily jump. Just like the lake of lava. You can jump there too.

The Thugs/Quenten.
That was in the German version. I guess they forgot to take them out. Kill them for experience.

Weed Mixers.
When you join the Sect Camp you will have a mission concerning them. If not kill them for XP.

Post Wed Jan 09, 2002 1:55 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:

On 2002-01-08 19:55, NecroDancer wrote:
The Thugs/Quenten.
That was in the German version. I guess they forgot to take them out. Kill them for experience.

Not even in the German version.
Post Wed Jan 09, 2002 5:11 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

I originally thought that was the rogues archery training ground...but even when you go there as an NC member they attack, so this is what I did:
I waited until the OC locks their gates on me (by this time you are so powerful that everyone in that rogue camp will run away from you). Then I jump right into the middle of the camp, and chase everyone out. For some reason they all ran for the OC...well as soon as they get to the get they get the Sn0t beat out of them, then murdered and looted by the guarding watching the gate

...then I go kill all the guards.

all in all a very amusing sight
Post Wed Jan 09, 2002 2:26 pm
lildragon
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

gotta love this game
Post Wed Jan 09, 2002 2:36 pm