Wtf... guards playing tag with me?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Wtf... guards playing tag with me?

I remember someone saying this happened to them once, but...

I walk into the alchemists building in Balmora and *WHAM*! Something whatcks me over the head real hard. So I'm like "WTF???!!!" I remember someone saying the guard smacked them once, but this sucker stands on the other side of the room near the stairs and has the "what??" look on him face. Playing all innocent with me. I coulnd't tell him anything cause I didn't see him smack me. So I'm like "'s cool. I'll git you sucka later!" So I go about my business. Leave the shop, hit the "razor something" smith shop. Everything's still cool. Then I just wanna do one last stop before finding a bed for the night to heal up (I got like 10hp left). So I walk into the Outfitter's across from the Mages guild and... *WHAM*! As I'm on my way to the floor for a perma-dirt nap, I see in the corner of my eye somebody backing off and sheating the sword. Guard I presume.

So, is this like a new joke with the guards? Playing tag as you walk into the shop? Anybody else had that happen to them?
Post Thu May 30, 2002 3:17 am
Warmaster-Horus
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I haven't had that happen (or the 'observers' either) but it sounds hilarious

=Leader of the Horus Heresy=
=Champion of Khorne=
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE THRONE
Post Thu May 30, 2002 5:45 am
Mod
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, I'm having a similar problem.

There is one guard in Seyda Neen that wants me dead. I have no idea why, I can talk to all the other gaurds without a problem, but as soon as this fellow spots me, out/down comes his spear and he's on a warpath straight for me!
Post Thu May 30, 2002 9:04 am
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Lol funny stories. I advice not running around with 10hp ;p
Post Thu May 30, 2002 9:33 am
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

are you sure you didn't do anything to piss these guards off? i haven't had any of problems with security officials to date (i've had the game since its US release date). i would love to know what causes these events, or maybe it is a totally random act of violence? sounds like the MW guards have problems handling their own authority!
"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
=member of the worshippers of the written word=
=member of the Non-flamers' guild=
Post Thu May 30, 2002 3:12 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, the thing is I'm not being attacked by guards. Just one smack on the head and that's it.

What's worse, I don't think it's guards. The second store where I got killed, as it turns out, doesn't have a guard.

But as I entered it, post-humously, the merchant made some snide remark (like "I'm watching you" or some such thing--didn't sound too friendly). I don't have personality problems. Or bad rep. Or bounties on my head. New char, still level 1, with not much to her name (just plundered Pelagiad fortress for weapons).

I never had this happen before, but I did just d/l and enable a skin mod. So maybe that could be it... I'll look into it some more.
Post Thu May 30, 2002 3:51 pm
Dorkus Septum

I don't think it's an attack

I'm fairly certain this is a bug in the game. I've noticed that often when I jump at a door I'm entering, and activate the door mid-air, I'll 'fall' to the other side real hard. I think the game engine believes you've fallen a great distance, so accordingly when you land it breaks your legs.
Post Thu May 30, 2002 4:52 pm

MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yup, I think that's it. I tried jumping into a door, and sure enough, *SMACK* on the other side.
Post Fri May 31, 2002 12:49 pm