Several questions
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Sammael
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Several questions

1. Can trolls (including the black troll) be harmed by ranged weapons? I have 47 Dex, 45% in crossbow, and a crossbow that does 55 damage, and I can't even scratch a (regular) troll's hide. None of the other creatures are difficult to kill (shadowbeast goes down in four hits, warg in two or three hits, orc warrior in four hits, fire lizard in five...)

2. Is there a strategy for beating two skeletons at a time using G2 controls? I can parry one skeleton's hits quite easily, but two of them make short work of me. (31 Str, 30% in one-handers, sword that does 37 damage per hit... I know I suck at melee, and I prefer ranged combat, but skeletons are all but immune to my bolts)

3. Can all the runes be used by anyone with sufficient mana? I found a paladin rune of Holy Light (that's one ANNOYING spell effect... it hurts my eyes pretty badly), and I can use it just fine, even though I am a merc.

4. Sometimes, after spending the night in Khorinis, I discover that some of my items are missing (usually gold and silver dishes, gold rings, etc.). Is this a bug, or does it depend on where you spend the night? I searched the thieves' guild but didn't find any of my missing stuff.

5. Which monsters' hearts can be removed? Did I waste my precious 5 LP on this skill?

6. I am running out of potions and bolts all the time. Is there someone who sells them in the Old World relatively close to the entrance, since I can't get very far without getting crushed by orcs (a patrol of three orcs is nasty...).
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:38 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

1. I don't think arrows will hurt'm any.
2. Best strat is to only activate them one at a time lol.
3. I think so. And yes, the light in G2 is pityful.
4. Never had it happen, or at least did'nt notice.
5. The skill is needed, so you did'nt waste your LP.
6. I used to just buy all of them I could find(seems like every merchant has a few), but that got old. Now I just edit my savegame in a hex editor

If you wanna know how just ask. I don't wanna waste time typing it up if ya don't need it lol.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:14 pm
Sammael
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the replies. I know how to hex edit savegames, but I generally avoid doing so during my first run of the game - since I want to experience the game the way developers intended.
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:19 pm
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

1) Even trolls can be defeated by ranged combat, but you will need a very high Dex and, if possible, a very high percentage in the crossbow or bow skill. Even Skeletons can be taken down with it.

2) Never tried any Skeletons with G2 controls, I use G1 controls and they are possible albeit hard to defeat when they attack you two at a time.

3) No, you will only be able to use runes which are defined as having no circle required (i.e. Teleport and Paladin runes). During the course of the game you will also find a few Mage runes which require a minium of a magic circle. These are unable to use for Mercenaries and Paladins and you will get a message that your magic circle is not sufficient to use that rune.

4) This is something that I have not discovered.

5) Dragons, demons and golems. But you do not need this skill for the dragon hearts. Since the dragons hearts are essential to ending the game sucessfully you will learn that skill for free (as well as recharging the Eye of Innos) when the Eye of Innos has been recharged by the Wizards the first time. If you are a mage you might consider of getting the skill of taking hearts, since you will both need a demons and a golems heart for two runes you are able to learn and create. Since the hearts of those creatures sell for 90 gold each you might also consider of taking up that skill with any other class, but there are not that many demons or golems around, you will have to decide for yourself if it is worthwhile to learn or not.

6) No, only in the castle, but by this time you should already have found a few scrolls allowing you to turn into an animal. Use one of these scrolls (be careful that you do not transform into a scavenger, the wargs will think of you as a snack, as do the wolves) and sneak past the orcs in that disguise. Also remeber that you transform back to your normal form before climbing the ram or being noticed by the castle guards, or they will attack you even when you transform back in their presence (press the return key to transform back to human form).
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:47 pm
mythicdude
City Guard
City Guard

dragons and golems heart can be removed. the dragon heart value is 400
gp and golem heart value is 300gp. i think it worthing
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:09 pm
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Nope, golem heart is 90gp and dragon hearts should not be sold since they are needed to recharge the Eye of Innos and for dragon hearts you do not need to learn the skill to take hearts.
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:57 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Just regarding the controls - don't know about G1 controls, never played G1, started with G2 and immediately set the controls to G2 style. I have found that when you parry, you can parry actually many mobs at once. I have blocked/parried 3+ skeletons at once.

From all the mobs, those skeletons are most annoying heh. Orcs don't even seem to be such...
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:32 pm
Flamingtear
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Where can you learn to take Golem and Demon hearts?
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:48 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

u can learn them by some woodcutters and hunters just find em and they teach u stuff
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:04 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

The disappearing items thing is a bug. If you lost something important you should reinsert it.
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:40 pm
Predator
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

2-Try to gain some levels(in fact they are tough opponents)
4-It's a bug
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:58 pm