Best Merchant I've seen if you want money
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
OldScho0l74
Village Leader
Village Leader

Best Merchant I've seen if you want money

There is a merchant in Caldera @ the Ghorak Manor. Talk to the CREEPER on the second floor. He has 5000 Gold and the best part is that he will pay whatever the VALUE of the item is. If it's value is 2700, he pays 2700. He buys everything as far as I can tell. He has nothing good to sell tho, until you sell him some good stuff. Every 24 hours, he gets his 5000 Gold back so you can keep using him. Enjoy. I've made about 150,000 gold since yesterday off him.

PS: If anyone knows a better merchant, please tell.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 11:04 pm
Cannibal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I used the Construction Kit to change his barter gold to 100k...its much easier to sell off all those expensive Daedric items now
Post Wed May 15, 2002 12:45 pm
DM

THe worst thing about Creeper is that he doesn't carry any goods himself...
And I still have problems selling much of my crap, like glass halberd(crappy) and glass helmet(extremely crappy)...
Yeah, I get full price, but the stuff I want full price for, he can't pay. But I guess you can forget finding shops with 12000 gold available.

So I keep a sharp eye out for merchants sellong ebony, haven't found any or heard of any, though... Is Daedric any good? I thought glass would be good, but when I finally found some, it turned out to be the mage's or thieve's dream, but my warrior's nightmare... Lightweight and bad defense.
Any tips as to where to spend gold? I pack good hardware and cash .
Post Wed May 15, 2002 4:09 pm

DM

OldScho0l74: You said, "He buys everything as far as I can tell.". Well, I just wanted to add that he refuses to buy stuff like gems(diamonds, rubies, whatever) and books, just the kind of stuff I drag along for no good, and want to sell for full price... I would have loved it if Creeper would have bought this crapload off me! =)
Post Wed May 15, 2002 4:12 pm

I'm sure daedric is great...I haven't seen any daedric armor other than that wizard who has a full set, but you can't kill him without stopping the prophecy. What I try to do when selling to that guy is to bring on a lot of 2000-3000 value stuff too. Sell them. Trying to sell a 10000 dollar item? buy the two cheap things back. to sell something of 20000 now, sell the cheap stuff back. Rest so he gets his money back. Buy the two cheap things and the 10000 thing while selling the 20. then sell the two cheap things back again and deal the 10k in return for the same two cheap things, then sell the cheap things back one more time. Done and done.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 5:25 pm

DM

Yep, I actually thought about that, but by then I had already sold my cheap crap in other stores, at bad rates... But you're absolutely right, this is the way to do it...

I just wish some shop carried a high performace stock... Best I've seen in stores is still bonemold.. And I have seen glass, which I rather view as concentrated lumps of cash... Expensive, yet useless for a warrior like me
Post Wed May 15, 2002 6:23 pm

OldScho0l74
Village Leader
Village Leader

Sorry

I just figured he bought Diamonds and such but since they are worthless to me, I never sell them. I have items worth over 60,000+ . He only seems to buy equipment.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 12:37 am
Fox

The glass helmet my warrior khajit uses is the best one I've found that a beast race can wear. Stupid "can't wear full helm" rule, but it makes sense. The orc armor is great for me otherwise everywhere else.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 1:02 am

bedwine
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

He buys Soul Gems and you can wait 24 hours while standing in front of him to get him to resupply his money.

I also found an Aclemist Mage that has $4000. I forgot where she was reachable via the mage teleport system.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 5:54 am