Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
wow first time someone beat me up so bad i am mad!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
DeathAgent

wow first time someone beat me up so bad i am mad!!!

People, are these fanatical templars really immortal??? I very, very , very hard kill one( i don't know why but he dropped his sword and then i chopped him in pieces:)). Is there something i am missing? I really can't kill the damn templars!!! I unleash at them realy avalanch of blows that usually kill Orc Temple Warrior without a problem and they i hardly hurt them!!! Also they only swing these miserable light two handers 5-6 times and i am laying on the ground all in blood while the templar is not even hurt bad!
Am i missing something or there is really no way to killl them?
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:25 pm

Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

Fanatic Templar's require the uber strong two-handed sword you find in the Temple, it does like 100 damage +15 magic damage or something like that. It kills them in a couple of hits.
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 10:17 pm
DeathAgent

Well so there is really something i am missing... i haven't found no such great weapon with 115 damage. Only the warrior's voice with ~90. Well, if this is the only way to kill them .... i think i don't have enough strenght and will need to make some more levels before going down in the Temple
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 10:22 pm

Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

You don't need the weapon with magic damage to kill the Fanatic Templars, and don't worry about it, you will be able to find it later.
If you really can't defeat those templars, try to block a few times.

Things are neither completely bright nor dark.

Do you go right? Or do you go left? A simple decision, yes? No ambiguities. Only the dream of the path not taken! And so one might stand in this place and contemplate for a long while. What will I miss if I go left? What will I lose if I go right? And in my indecision, have I chosen a worse fate?
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:00 pm
ffbj
High Emperor
High Emperor

I nailed the first two by running up on the rocks and throwing fireballs at them. Purely fighting them without the right weapon is very tough.
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:20 pm
HeWhoHasNoName
Lord of Sorrows
Lord of Sorrows

If you can't damage them go raise your strength and get a batter weapon. Try beating Lee up for his axe. Don't worry about the special weapon yet. You get it later and it does 120 magic damage plus 30 fire damage.
If you are taking too much damage make sure you have the best armour available (I think it should be Minecrawler Armour for where you are up to) and buy the best rings and amulets available from Cronos and Baal Cadar.
=Member of The Sports Fan Club=
Post Sat Jun 29, 2002 1:48 am
DeathAgent

Well you are right my guy needed some upgrading. I was trying to deal with the templars with 46 strenght and a sword with 65 damage. Now i am with 93 strenght and Rage Steel doing ~90 damage.
It may be hard to kill the Templars with only pure fighting but i have no other choice because i am no mage. May be i should really try to incorporate the blocks in my fighting.
Post Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:13 pm

Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

In my experience, you can't beat someone at melee if your own melee skill is less than his. Blocking doesn't work. It'll work once... if you're lucky, but as they attack with combos (3-4slashes), the rest will get through and damage or kill you.

The best thing is to go train and come back to fight them. (Of course real good armor helps too)
Post Sat Jun 29, 2002 9:44 pm