RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
konny666
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander
Nope, you'll get your arse whooped.

Well i just killed Canthar (while he's in jail) in chapter 1. Let's see what happens - let's see if Sarah still disapears later and the merchants stop talking to me... in which case I would have broken the game (since the merchants would have no reason to stop talking to me, if I killed Canthar while he's in prison, so he can't get out and tell them I'm a convict)

To kill Canthar without the guard noticing, just stand so the wall is covering you from the guard's view (and sometimes the guard has his back to you) and use point-blank shots from a bow, 4-5 arrows will kill him.
Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:52 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

The most amusing solution I tried, was to kill Canthar before you get into the city while he's sitting near the farm. Imagine my surprise when I see his body lying in the merchant area after I finally get in!! I saw a similar thing with a farm hand who got killed in the field; seems at night they take the body back to the campfire and then drop it back in the field the next day!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 2:19 am
konny666
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Well basically to save memory, the game seemingly doesn't keep track of exact body locations, just whether characters are dead or alive... and then, based on chapter and time of day, it places the body accordingly in real-time...
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:27 am
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

I let Canthar win. As sooon as i learned how to pickpocket i stole his gold.
I also use him to dump all my sticks and rusty swords, is inventory has countless numbers of those, that will teach him

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:51 am
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

Did anyone discover what happends to Sarah after Canthar gets his place back? I looked for her in the whole city, but she was nowhere to be found.
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:44 am
Hard_Worker
Village Leader
Village Leader

ok I'm still at chapter 1

sent the baster to prison and after like a week ( game days ) he got out and told me that if I want to "clear my name" I need to pay 500 gold

so i paid and everythign good now
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:05 pm
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

Could you not just use oblivion on the merchans that refuse to trade with you?

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:14 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

if u use some kind of fly cheat u probably find a corpse somewhere in new world belive me i found corpses who are mission ppl in valley of mines so there must be a store somewhere also in new world havent found it yet but i will
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 2:35 pm
konny666
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

OK well I can definitely confirm that if you kill Canthar while he's in prison, he never badmouths you to the other merchants, and Sarah continues to stick around until the end... and yes, her weapons get upgraded with every new chapter.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:54 am
ncn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I've found Sarah's body in a cave. She was dead and was having all here old stuff on her. The cave is the one you reach if you go down from the Circle of the Sun on some stairs in the direction of Akils farm. Looks more like a mine and has a minecrawler warrior at the entrance.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:00 am
Xan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

kill him

In my game I put Canthar in the prison, and then kill him. Plain and simple. And then good ol' Sarah still there business as usual until the end. And yes, her wares are renewed on each chapter. It's nice. I bought Ash Bow from her. A really powerful bow.
Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:45 am
Radar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I also sent Canthat to jail. But I couldn't kill him because I also nailed Rengaru ... so there was always a witness

Si I let Canthar out, paid the 500 gold and waited for him at the hotel. I smashed and robbed him : 650 gold + all his wares. One oblivion spell and the next morning I sold him his own stock
Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:44 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

You don't get any better weapon if you frame Sarah. Sarah always gave me the Pirate's Cutlass, the same weapon I can find on the beach and the same weapon what Canthar gave to me.

Other then that, Canthar is a slimy shmuck and deserves the jail. He will be free again in CH 3 and will put all the other merchants against you, and you will have to pay him 500 gold to get it straightened out. Funny how Canthar kills Sarah and no one even binks an eye. I put Canthar once in jail and later, when he got out, I saw him standing on Sarah's corpse. After that day, I always kill him. Not an easy thing as a starter, but there's stuff to lure on him and can beat myself in addition as well. And when he falls down, alive, from my hit, I with pleasure drive a weapon through him. Slimy shmuck is worth it.

Besides, you can beat him up well enough in jail without getting whooped. Need to have done sidequests and have few levels under your belt. Simply time out the moment, when there's less guards closeby. Night is nice, when most sleep away in barracks. Smack him up, and guard which may come you can also smack and use Oblivion on him. This is just a guess, as I haven't tried it yet, but will probably try next time.
Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:53 pm
dworkin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

mmm i don't know but i help canthar en he gave me a ship axe, 30 dam (i have ni idea what the pirat thing has for dam) but so you don't get just 200 exp from helping him but also a axe
and in the darkness bind them
Post Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:54 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Well, I went to the prison at midnight, after I had put Canthar in jail, to see if I can... bring some just punishment down on his sorry butt, so to say. Canthar was in the same cell as Rengaru, whom I had put there earlier (I'm playing the just mage - or paladin - this time, so thieves guild goes down). Guard was standing right next to their cell. Well, rest of the guards were asleep, only Andre and that other guy who's name starts with W were in next room.

So, I tried to use the Sleep scroll on the guard, but apparently he's immune to Sleep. He didn't even blink an eye, didn't say a word. Cast the Sleep on him 3 times, nothing. Bah...

So, what to do next then... I had some summon scrolls on me, skeleton, goblin skeleton, such. So I asked the guard, can I see the prisoners, just in case. He said that sure and so I stepped into the cell, where Canthar was. There I went into the back corner and started to summon out those skeletons, burning scroll after scroll, gulping potions inbetween. Well, soon I had bunch of skeletons running around the cell, who beat the snot out of Canthar. However, thing went wee bit too far, these skeletons also killed Rengaru, Halvor, Nagur and the guard in the jail, tee hee hee... Mayhem was over when one skellie ran outside and knocked on Lord Andre's head, after what Andre promptly kicked the butt of all skeletons.

By that time I had quietly ran out of the jail and slept a good night sleep, like a honest man does. Later went back to barracks to check out the warzone - skellie weapons all around the place, cells packed with dead people, guarded by dead guard. Oh well. At least I 'saved' Sarah, although accidentally killed off half the thieves guild and a guard as well...
Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:51 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next