Irrelevant questions
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

Irrelevant questions

1. First let me bow to who found by himself the secret areas for the thief quest, how did you know to try and press that thingies when there wasn’t any “white writing”?
2. Pick pocketing – if you won’t succeed with the first try is it worth it to keep repeating (after reload of course)? Is this thing random?
3. Praying – blessings are also random, right (strength +1, HP +4, mana +?) or depends on something?
4. 100% - can you go above and what good does it do?
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:00 pm
pismeub
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

1. uhmmm, what does this mean???

2. owwwkkeeeyy .....

3. this is random, and it does not happen all the time.

4. no, you vcant go above 100%, the higher it is, the better you can handel this skill.

=member of The RPGDot Shadows=
=member Gothic Novel Writers=
=member The Allience of middle Earth=

God, smite me, oh mighty smiter!!!
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:09 pm
Fighter32
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I've raeched 105% on two handed weapns with the book wich one of the merchants in the upper cuater sells. I see no diffrenece thogh.
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:14 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Irrelevant questions

quote:
Originally posted by Seth
1. First let me bow to who found by himself the secret areas for the thief quest, how did you know to try and press that thingies when there wasn’t any “white writing”?

Can you elaborate?

quote:
2. Pick pocketing – if you won’t succeed with the first try is it worth it to keep repeating (after reload of course)? Is this thing random?

No. Depends primarily on your dexterity points. e.g. Only thieves with 30 DEX can steal things from the judge.

quote:
3. Praying – blessings are also random, right (strength +1, HP +4, mana +?) or depends on something?

Random. But also depends on chapters and the guild you joined.

quote:
4. 100% - can you go above and what good does it do?

There's no teacher who can teach you above 100%. However, you can take advantage of some "bonus" percentage raise (e.g. Talking to Wulfgar at the barracks allows you to raise 2% 1h-skill for free, e.g. 2h-weapon books), which allows you to raise to about 101% - 110%.
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:15 pm
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

quote:
Originally posted by Kiwi Boy
quote:

Can you elaborate?

I mean when you look at herbs, weapons etc, it shows you description in the "white writing" on the top of the screen sorry for confusion?

quote:
No. Depends primarily on your dexterity points. e.g. Only thieves with 30 DEX can steal things from the judge.

Sometimes it shows “its easy to snatch” and yet it fails to succeed.

quote:
There's no teacher who can teach you above 100%. However, you can take advantage of some "bonus" percentage raise (e.g. Talking to Wulfgar at the barracks allows you to raise 2% 1h-skill for free, e.g. 2h-weapon books), which allows you to raise to about 101% - 110%.

So you suggesting that I will better keep all that potions of dexterity and drink them when nobody can train me anymore?

Thanks Kiwi
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:31 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
I mean when you look at herbs, weapons etc, it shows you description in the "white writing" on the top of the screen sorry for confusion?

Well, there's a thief beside the city hall who gives you hints about that. He tells you to look for shields, lamps, etc. (especially on the upstairs) that may contain secret switches.

quote:
Sometimes it shows “its easy to snatch” and yet it fails to succeed.

Because you have a low DEX.

quote:
So you suggesting that I will better keep all that potions of dexterity and drink them when nobody can train me anymore?

It's primarily your choice. You DON'T need to get above 100%, do you?
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:53 pm