Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Help -I can't kill the the last guy, Akba?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
ntblood
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Help -I can't kill the the last guy, Akba?

I have the full Ylside armor and of course the enchanted sword. I go in with 29 mana potions and about 20 health potions. I reached level 9 while fighting the demons off there. I'm wondering if killing the demons helps to kill off Akba or if I need to concentrate on getting at the main guy. I've tried that as well. Lightning spells seem hard to tell if they hit and aim so I've been using fireballs. My intelligence is know at least 12 and magic over 70. I'm using 2 10% protection from magic and posion rings instead of the 2 10% increase magic rings I have. I have strength about 19 with 76 about in sword combat skill. He seems to tough and I'm not sure if I'm making much progress. The other spell don't seem like they would help much (?). I would appreciate any help I can get with this. After getting so far I am about to just delete the game off my computer out of frustration. Thank you. -Nathaniel
Post Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:34 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

The summoned demons are just an annoyance - with your armor they cannot do much damage to you, better concentrate on Akbaa. The main frustration comes I think from the drain spells that Akbaa is using against you (remember the Magie war?). Beef up your protection against magic (try Krahoz and Zohark) and circle around Akbaa keeping distance (this also does not leave opportunity for demons to attack you).

My thiefy character killed Akbaa with Inut's bow, yours may try fireballs. I hope that other mage players can give you good advice on more effective spells.

Also try to search this forum, I rememeber quite a few original strategies were discussed here: e.g. control the summoned demon and letting him rip Akbaa instead of you

Good luck
Post Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:26 pm
ntblood
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok

In my second strategy I tried slow with incinerate but that didn't seem to do the trick. I battled for some time against Akba directly with these spells then my sword, saving along the way to no avail. I forgot about the Krahoz and Zohark -one of them I gave back to the kings daugher as suggested by the walkthrough and the other ring I saw in a shop where I sold it -I could buy it back -it reduces magic damage by 20% but also reduces AC by 20% I think. It seemed questionable as to whether to use it (?). Correction: I have 19 strength and 13 Intelligence. I did notice that when I come out of hiding Akba doesn't summon demons. So they are just a distraction then. Someone suggested trying mana drain and negate magic against him then start hitting him but it seems that wouldn't suppress him for very long. Thank you.
Post Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:05 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Ok, here is an exploit, if you care..

- prepare the range weapon of your choise
- in the room wiith Akbaa find the highest elavation you can climb
- cast levitate - now you should be able to float above Akbaa
- shoot him at your pleasure

Good luck
Post Fri Mar 28, 2003 9:59 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Killing Akbaa

Merz is right, read, read, read. I got a lot of good hints from this forum. I personally hid on a high level, and shot fireballs until he died. There were two demons I had to kill, but if he can't see you he doesn't seem to spawn them. It's just a matter of placement for you and timing. Don't give up. You must save Arx for the rest of us.
Post Sat Mar 29, 2003 4:27 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

The only thing you really need is a levitate scroll and something to whack him. Thanks to the 'high places' hint I just walked to higher ground, took to the air via the levitate scroll and positioned myself above Akbaa. He didn't try to use his drain health once as soon as I was airborne (he tried to poison me, but who cares about poison ?) while I hit him with my sword until he dropped dead. Even the demon ignored me.
Post Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:27 pm
ntblood
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

OK Thnx

I still have my saved game but I uninstalled the game. I may reinstall it to try your method just to finish the game. Thank you for the tips. After getting so far it would be worth it and nice to finish Arx Fatalis. Later. -Nate
Post Sat Apr 26, 2003 10:40 am
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Merz
The summoned demons are just an annoyance - with your armor they cannot do much damage to you, better concentrate on Akbaa. The main frustration comes I think from the drain spells that Akbaa is using against you (remember the Magie war?). Beef up your protection against magic (try Krahoz and Zohark) and circle around Akbaa keeping distance (this also does not leave opportunity for demons to attack you).

My thiefy character killed Akbaa with Inut's bow, yours may try fireballs. I hope that other mage players can give you good advice on more effective spells.

Also try to search this forum, I rememeber quite a few original strategies were discussed here: e.g. control the summoned demon and letting him rip Akbaa instead of you

Good luck

Wow! I never even thougth to try offensive spells on him, since the point of most of the game was to get the right sword to kill him. Do you mean that after that first strike, he becomes vulnerable to spells like fireball?
That sheds a whole new light on the end game. There's hope for me yet.
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:16 am
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
The only thing you really need is a levitate scroll and something to whack him. Thanks to the 'high places' hint I just walked to higher ground, took to the air via the levitate scroll and positioned myself above Akbaa. He didn't try to use his drain health once as soon as I was airborne (he tried to poison me, but who cares about poison ?) while I hit him with my sword until he dropped dead. Even the demon ignored me.

Thank you all so much. I killed him. I used levitate, one fireball, and Inut's bow.
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:33 am
Dood
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Personally, I used the Negate Magic spell and kept it active by replinishing my mana with mana potions. As long as I kept in close range, Akbaa was unable to summon demons, drain mana, etc. Then I just whacked away at him with my trusty ultimate weapon.
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:22 am
Warmskin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Dood
Personally, I used the Negate Magic spell and kept it active by replinishing my mana with mana potions. As long as I kept in close range, Akbaa was unable to summon demons, drain mana, etc. Then I just whacked away at him with my trusty ultimate weapon.

Basically did the same thing. I used a couple of mana drain scrolls, instead. I kept going at him with my sword. That was pretty much it... it did take quite a while, though. I really only used up 8 or 9 life potions. Used a few mana potions, too. He *never* had a chance to summon *any* demons.
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 9:59 pm