Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Nightmares... and can't activate Matteo's quest!! help plz!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Kamikaze Chocobo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Nightmares... and can't activate Matteo's quest!! help plz!

Hey guys... uh..
I'm in chapter 3 already.. and I still haven't learned how to lockpick. That carpenter dude keeps saying he can't trust me (jeez, I'm a paladin already..)

Anyway.. I've read that I have to do Matteo's quest... but whenever I talk to him, I can only see his wares or buy some leather armour! It was like that in the beginning of the game too.. please help!

oh, and second problem.. ever since I ran into those seeker dudes and the msg "You feel stifled" or whatever popped up, I get nightmares when I try to rest!

Please tell me how to solve both probs! Thanks guys... (of course, if there's someone else who'll teach me how to lockpick, lemme know!)

Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:08 pm
Caleb
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

As far as i know the carpenter is the only men who teaches locpicking, try to convice him somhow.
For the nightmares go to the monostory and go to the highest priest Pyrararar (don't know correctly his name) and ask him to cure u, as i remember it cost about 300 gold coz u r not a mage. From now try to kill the seekers from distance (use crossbow, bow, or magic) so thay can't "infact" u.
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:26 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Nightmares... and can't activate Matteo's quest!! help p

quote:
Originally posted by Kamikaze Chocobo
That carpenter dude keeps saying he can't trust me (jeez, I'm a paladin already..)

The only other teachers in the game is Ramirez, a member of the Thieves' Guild, and Diego, who'll teach lockpicking ONLY in the final chapter.

So, try joining the Thieves' Guild. Recently, there has been A LOT of threads regarding the Thieves' Guild. So, do a simple search for that.

quote:
oh, and second problem.. ever since I ran into those seeker dudes and the msg "You feel stifled" or whatever popped up, I get nightmares when I try to rest!

Go whine to Pyrokar, the head mage at the monastery, that you have been possessed. If you're not a mage, make sure you have at least 300 gold pieces in your pocket.
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:29 pm
Kamikaze Chocobo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks guys for helpin' me with the nightmare thingie..

Hmm? You can join the thieves' guild even after you've become a paladin?

So yeah.. I can't get the guy in the harbour bar to let me do any quests 'cauz I'm a paladin and all that jazz..

And any insights to the Thorben problem?
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:30 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

First, you CAN be a member of the Thieves' Guild, no matter which guild you choose.

If "the guy in the harbour" refers to Lares, of course he'll tease you for being a paladin. He is at the mercenaries' side.

Your problem is you didn't do Matteo's quest properly. This quest can only be done in Chapter 1, while you're convincing the masters to become their apprentice.
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:38 pm
Kamikaze Chocobo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Heh thnz kiwi boy! =D
Glad to know I can still learn how to L.P.

By the guy in the harbour i mean the guy the barkeep tells me to talk to when I ask if there's any "special" work to be done or something

and when I talk to him, he says there's no work in the habour for soldiers of the king..
or something
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:50 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:

and when I talk to him, he says there's no work in the habour for soldiers of the king..
or something

Hmm... I don't know, he said there's no work for soldier of the King, but he still GAVE me the quest. Go talk to him again and see if he'll give you the quest.
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:17 pm
Kamikaze Chocobo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, thnz again kiwi boy =p
Heh, since you seem to know a lot, btw.. uh..

2h weapons are the way to go right? Right now I've got some battle axe I picked up near some ice golems - does about 70 damage and needs 70 str.

Yeah, I know there're better stuff.. but my first tiem through and I just started chapter 3! Basically, uh... well... I trained 2h to fighter and this axe swings real slow... I miss 1h sword quickness!

I guess my question is uh... 2h weapons are still worth it, right?
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:35 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
2h weapons are the way to go right? Right now I've got some battle axe I picked up near some ice golems - does about 70 damage and needs 70 str.

Depends on your fighting style (i.e. how well you're adapted the tempo of 2h fighting and blocking) and your character's 2h fighting skill... If your character excels at 2h fighting (i.e. >50% - 60%), then probably you should stick on it and practice on 2h fighting style. It's probably not really a good idea to waste more LP on other stuff.

BTW, your battle axe may not be suitable for your paladin. Paladins should use their own blessed swords. Go talk to Marduk (the Fire Mage outside of the Inno's Shrine room in the monastery) about the Consecration of the Sword.
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:50 pm