Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
SERIOUS cache of PERMANENT potions found! (SPOILER)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
wesmjohn
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

In the Sleeper's Temple, I found a very large stash of permanent strength, dexterity, and mana potions.

(No, this is NOT the ridiculously obvious stash next to where Xardas is put to sleep.)

When you reach the room containing a pit of spikes in the floor that must be deactivated with a bow-shot (the one with one of the undead shamen standing in front of it, NOT the large room near Gor Boba), fire an arrow at the trigger plate above the stone pedestal.

This will deactivate the spikes. Jump down into the narrow crevice with a torch in hand. You will see a sarcophagus with a switch, but with the torch you will see several cleverly-hidden mummies at the back! These mummies contain the potions.

If you are having trouble finding this room, remember: Behind undead shaman. Narrow crevice with spikes in the floor. Large sword (Rage Steel or some such) in crevice, meant to throw you off. Fire arrow at plate above pedestal. USE TORCH.

I hope this is enough for you to find it; I'm trying to connect the dots for you guys the best I can, so search the temple and you'll know this room when you see it.

The potions are well worth taking the time to get them!
Post Sun Jan 27, 2002 2:55 am
Chyren
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

was it so hard to find? hehheeh
Post Tue Jan 29, 2002 8:30 am
rey_74
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

heheheh...
Post Wed Jan 30, 2002 1:21 am
rey_74
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

good tip tho!
Post Wed Jan 30, 2002 1:22 am
wesmjohn
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Actually, I missed it about four times through the game. I believe the shadows and the big sword were meant to draw the player's attention away from the potions, thus making them harder to find.

I'm probably not the only one who missed them. Sometimes darkness is the best way to hide something that valuable in a game.
Post Wed Jan 30, 2002 3:26 pm
El Ratoncito
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hehe, I found that room the first time around as well, but I did it the hard way... I didn't know how to deactivate the spikes (or that there were spikes), and took a couple spikes up the ass... good thing that my char already had a lot of life, because I had to walk across spikes to get to and from the potions... speaking of spikes, did anyone else get triple stabbed when trying to get the second to last sword in the temple? I am talking about that place where you walk in and spikes hit you from the left, right, and bottom... scared the crap out of me.
Post Wed Jan 30, 2002 6:52 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

quote:

On 2002-01-30 12:52, El Ratoncito wrote:
... scared the crap out of me.

me too, wasn't expecting that.
Post Wed Jan 30, 2002 7:33 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

quote:

On 2002-01-30 12:52, El Ratoncito wrote:
Hehe, I found that room the first time around as well, but I did it the hard way... I didn't know how to deactivate the spikes (or that there were spikes), and took a couple spikes up the ass... good thing that my char already had a lot of life, because I had to walk across spikes to get to and from the potions... speaking of spikes, did anyone else get triple stabbed when trying to get the second to last sword in the temple? I am talking about that place where you walk in and spikes hit you from the left, right, and bottom... scared the crap out of me.

all you gotta do is go around and climb in through the hole in the wall.
Post Wed Jan 30, 2002 8:23 pm