RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Big Bwana
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Two questions

Good morning gamers!

I have two questions:

First, my friend told me, he found a cave full of zombies in which you can find a long sword which does 37 damage and requires 25 strength. He cant remember exactly where it was but he thinks it was near Khorinis. Does anyone know where it is?

Second, does weaponsmithy improve during the game and how? I mean do i have to make 50 swords before i can make better ones, or is it made differently. How about crafting ore weapons? How does that work?

Muchos gracias, amigos!
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:52 am
Sasa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Re: Two questions

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bwana
Good morning gamers!

Second, does weaponsmithy improve during the game and how? I mean do i have to make 50 swords before i can make better ones, or is it made differently. How about crafting ore weapons? How does that work?

Muchos gracias, amigos!

Hi again. I will answer you about making swords. I think it doesn't
mater how much swords you will make. Benet (or other blacksmith)
will teach you how to make better sword in other chapter!!

Ex elf... and if you don't belive, go ask Feanor

By the way... Boo!!!! Scared? No?
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:11 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Your friend meant one of the caves near the tavern. On the way from city to Onar's farm (or monastery) is a farm, behind it (towards the road to penal colony), behind the trees, is yet another abandoned cemetary. Behind that cemetary are 2 caves, one has molerats in it and another is a crypt, sort of. You can get from there 2H weapon and 1H weapons, mostly Paladin Sword and Paladin Two-Handed Sword. These are decent weapons and will do for a while.

Regarding the smithing - no, you learn only how to make better weapons by learning the new skill. Making 100 swords does not improve your craft skills, you need to learn new weapon type smithing from smiths throughout the game. If you're a paladin or magician, then you will be quite limited regarding what you can learn, but as a mercenary, you will be able to learn quite a selection. Just remember that it takes 5 LP's to learn a skill-up, so to say
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:24 am