View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Hellhound
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Raising the portcullis at Askrams keep and other stuff

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how to do this? I have been to the upstairs room with the red ropes and chains, but you don't break ropes to raise a portcullis right? so how do you do it?

also I have cleared all the imps I can find from the inner keep and shut of all the imp portals except two these do not want to close although there are no more imps coming through them. I am running the game with the latest patch so please don't tell me I am a victim of the dreaded Askram keep bug that has been mentioned in a few postings.

and finally ..... for now anyway

Has anyone else tried the Lloyds Beacon trick for getting through the Dungeon of Secrets? did it work for you?

Tkanks in advance
Post Sun May 26, 2002 6:34 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

1) Have you dropped into the gatehouse via a locked trapdoor? If so, you just didn't look hard enough for the lever.

2) If you entered the keep (not the outer wall, but the keep itself) from ground level, you're screwed. If you entered from the second floor, you should be OK. There are 8 portals to clean out. After you clear those, you should get the uber-imp in the main lobby.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sun May 26, 2002 7:07 pm
Hellhound
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

mmm! I think I need to turn the brilliance up on my momitor. Everything is a monotone brown in that gate room no wonder I missed the switch! thanks for the pointer though. As for the Imps they didn't get me but the bugs (the software variety) did. It seems as though I will never be able to clear the keep of bugs unless I go back quite some time ... life's too short
Post Mon May 27, 2002 9:35 pm
Guest Dare

Just delete all the Anskram minisaves. Make sure your characters are outside the keep, save, exit the game. Then go to Program Files/3do/MMIX/minisaves and delete ALL files that have Anskram in there name.(that should be the default path IIRC) Or better yet, just move and rename them in case you need to restore them.
This should reset the dungeon and allow you to finish the quest. However you will have to kill everything again. A positive side effect will be that you get more experience and loot this way
Post Tue May 28, 2002 3:31 pm

Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

I really hated this one. Try casting torchlight, and look for the lever on the north wall. It is hard to find, you have to be very close to it.
Post Thu May 30, 2002 12:04 pm
Hellhound
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the info. on the minisaves, I have now managed to complete two quests which previously I had fouled up in some obtuse way. I'm gonna close this thread now but thanks for your input everyone
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 9:53 pm