King Poxsellis' Tomb will not open...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Valiance
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

King Poxsellis' Tomb will not open...

In the Crypt Level 5, I found the 4 strange looking objects, and carefully placed each of them onto the 4 small columns/pillars surrounding the tomb in the middle. Nothing happens! I have tried removing the objects, putting them back, reloading a previous save game, doing it again, etc.

There are 3 pressure plates right beside that room, but I have no idea what they do, and no idea if they are related to the tomb. The arx.rpgdot.com walkthrough says nothing about the pressure plates (not even a single mention). All it says is "you find a glowing object each, which have to be put on the pillars around the grave (6) to open King Poxsellis grave."

See the screenshot: http://valiance.nothing.cc/poxtomb1.jpg

As you can see, the objects are placed on the small pillars, but the tomb is closed and nothing is happening.

Last edited by Valiance on Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:02 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

You have to use the items on the pillars, not set on them. Click and grab the orbs and them click on the pillars. They will go into the right spot and when the last one is on right, boom.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:37 pm
Valiance
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ooh, I get it. How annoying! Why would this suddenly be any different from other parts of the game? In Crypt level 4 you "put them on" the pillars.... and now you have to double-click and put them on differently? These types of things annoy me about Arx Fatalis. It's like I need a walkthrough just to play the game properly.

And what is with those 3 pressure plates? Any idea what they are for?

And at the end of Crypt Level 4, where do I find the key for Tomb 6? There is no mention of Tomb 6 in the walkthrough, and across from it is Tomb 7, with the sound of the woman saying "somebody help me". I assume the switch to open Tomb 7 is in Tomb 6, which is locked. The walkthrough strangely says I'm supposed to hear the sound of a woman crying for help way back in room 3... which is way back at the start of Crypt Level 4. Did they change this in the recent patch or is the walkthrough just mistaken?
Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:39 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Answers: Yes it is different I agree. I had to download the PDF to play, as I hate screwing with a game and messing up and ect. You do need the walkthrough as there is not enough ingame help to send you in the right direction. It is a drawback but I loved the game so much I overlook that. It was the devs first ever game, so I let it slide. The pressure plates trigger the release of the mummies that came after you. Others farther in are traps, so have a few stones or bones to put on them. There are plates that must all be activated to get to next level, so just put something on all of them and you will be covered. O.K. this is difficult, as the levels for the crypt are not the same as the level you are on. It is a little confusing so I always refer to the level that is in the walkthrough. The room 6 is level 5 and key is in room 5. Look everywhere, some of the stuff is behind, under, and up on stuff in the rooms, so look closely. Room 7 you must lock pick to open, but that is not where women is. I don't remember myself what room she was in, but there was a misprint in the walkthrough on that part of it. There are levers on the floor outside some of the rooms to open them. They were a little hard to see, so keep eyes open. Hope this helps and was not more confusing.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:25 am
Valiance
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for your help so far. A game like this needs fans like you.

Hmm, the best way I can describe is if you look at this: http://arx.rpgdot.com/guideimages/level_7.jpg

The room I speak of is in Crypt Level 4, which is a part of Level 7.

If you look at that map picture, look at room 6 and 7. It is at the end of Crypt Level 4 before exiting across the lava into the Crypt Level 5. I see a woman kneeling (her back facing me) in room 7 (but the gate is locked), and I hear the crying "somebody help me". Room 6 is locked, but I assume the lever to open room 7 is inside room 6. By the way, this hallway is right after the round room with the statue that points to the correct lever.
Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:59 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

I know where you are. You should have a key to room 6. Or there is a lever on the floor just down the hall near that door to open it. I couldn't find in walkthrough either. But I know it is key or lever to get in. Only one door you don't have key to and that was on level 5. Keys are hidden behind small piles of fallen stone in the tombs, and behind caskets, and other really hard to get to places that make you have to stand on top of them to get the image to show up letting you know there is anything there at all. Go back and check some of the other tombs again. And don't miss clicking on bodies. Most have nothing, but a few have stuff on them, including keys and notes. You can email J Roby to ask where it is. He has been very helpful to others. Maybe someone else will read this and know answer as well. In mean time it is not part of the main quest and you can come back to it later. She will still be there. Here is the email address. jroby@arkane-studios.com
Mark Twain
Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:53 pm