Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Strange things that have happened to you?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Absolutely Off Topic

Author Thread
Conan The Librarian
City Guard
City Guard

Strange things that have happened to you?

Warning, don't read if suffer from Phasmophobia like myself and supposedly Johnny Depp. Phasmophobia = Fear of ghosts.

I was staying in a holiday cottage with my parents when I was a child. On the first night in the bedroom I was staying in. I felt the presence of a ghost, who was sitting on my bed making it creak but not disturbing the bed clothes. I had the distinct feeling that the ghost wanted me to leave the bedroom and not return. Although it did not do anything else, this feeling was unbearable. So I left the room in a terrible fright into my parents bedroom. I would not sleep in that room again.

My mother told me in the morning, before she went to bed the night before. That she felt the presence of an old lady who didn't want us to stay here. Although she said nothing at the time as she thought it was her imagination.

We stayed at the cottage without further incident. However, we never saw that cottage advertised again. Though I believe afterwards that I could of imagined it but it is something that I will never forget.

If you have any strange experiences, besides reading this, please add a reply.

Please don't have nightmares.
Post Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:52 am
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

I can never understand it when people say they 'feel' the presence of a ghost. Anyway...

My one and only unexplainable experience was about a year ago I was taking a shower. I was rinsing the shampoo out of my hair when the door to the bathroom slammed shut so hard that the door actually locked itself (it was one of those push button locks).

My wife came running to the bathroom because the sound was very loud but she couldn't open the door because it was now locked.

When I got the shampoo out I opened the door and she came in to see if anything was wrong.

Anyway, I got out of the shower and checked out everything I could think of that would cause the door to slam shut so hard. No windows were open. My wife was downstairs when it happened. I really can't explain it. I still don't believe in ghosts though, but at the same time, I just can't explain how the door slammed shut and how it could have done so with such ferocity.
Post Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:20 am
Conan The Librarian
City Guard
City Guard

[quote] I can never understand it when people say they 'feel' the presence of a ghost. You haven't seen the film The Phantom Menace then, The Mad Gamer. It is the same feeling of being watched or thinking that somebody is the same room as you but isn't. However in this case a ghost! Boo.
Post Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:29 am
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

[quote="Conan The Librarian"]
quote:
I can never understand it when people say they 'feel' the presence of a ghost. You haven't seen the film The Phantom Menace then, The Mad Gamer. It is the same feeling of being watched or thinking that somebody is the same room as you but isn't. However in this case a ghost! Boo.

I still can't relate to the idea of people 'feelling' something that may not even be there.
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:26 am
Conan The Librarian
City Guard
City Guard

Oh well, everybody has their own feelings.
Ooh! I'm an eager tradesman!
Post Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:24 pm