Members
Usergroups
Listen to the Lionheart Music
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Garrett

Listen to the Lionheart Music

Maybe this is well known already, but if you rename the data.dat file in the Lionheart install directory to data.arj, you can unpack it and get the music in ogg format. The music is written by Inon Zur, and as all his other works for BIS, is simply great!
Post Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:24 am

Hey could anyone rip it to mp3? I want to hear the soundtrack
Post Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:26 am

Ariel
Harmonious Angel
Harmonious Angel

They don't need to be mp3. OGG files can be played just fine by WinAMP, or any other decent multimedia player for that matter.
Post Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:41 am

I don't have the game. I held off on buying it but then the bad reviews came in and so I didn't get it. I'm interested in the soundtrack but Iplay isn't selling that.
Post Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:05 am

methusala
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

You shouldn't listen to all the bad hype,the game is better than the reviewers give it credit for.The music is nice as well as the dark graphics and story-line.Its also not a snap to make it through,you have to make some good decisions in terms of perks and your starting stats,etc.I'm really finding it a challenge and enjoying every minuite.I'd give it a 7.7.
Post Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:53 am
Garrett

I agree with methusala; a rating somewhere in between 70% & 80% it is for me. So give it a shot and make your own opinion of the game.
Post Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:15 am

i wouldnt pay 50 $ for this piece of crap lionheart is the crapiest rpg in years.
i would waitr until its mutch mutch cheaper before even consider to buy it, or just download it and see it crapieness for yourself!
but the music is realy cool if it plays, it's a shame that it is so damn buggy.
Post Mon Sep 01, 2003 7:59 am

Sproutnik

You have to finish the game (or at least get to the last dungeon) before praising Lionheart. Chances are that you won't want anymore.

the game end right after the crypt dungeon... after that, it's only fighting (and crappy fighting)
Music are good, that's right. But they can get on your nerves sometime (they're quite repetitive in fact). And you can't turn them off, because the whole Ambient sounds (except for combat sounds and a few spoken sentences ) are on the same volume thingie than the music.

I say do listen to the hype. Or try the demo, it's exactly what youll get in the game.
Post Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:11 am

elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

The game was disappointing to me, but not a complete failure. The combat could be fun at times (for example getting knockbacks as an archer) but even then there was too much of it after the 2nd french city..

I'd say half the game was pretty good and the rest was simply mediocre.
Post Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:37 pm
Ronin SpoilSpot
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: Listen to the Lionheart Music

quote:
Originally posted by Garrett
rename the data.dat file in the Lionheart install directory to data.arj

It would be more appropriate to rename it to data.zip. The file is actually a zip file (recognizable by the two first bytes being the letters "PK"). If you rename it to data.zip, you can even still play the game.

/RS
Post Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:57 pm