Members
Usergroups
Request: Mods that enhance Morrowind's gameplay
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Dislocage

Request: Mods that enhance Morrowind's gameplay

Rather than adding new types of weapons or armour, or just houses, how about putting in new things like rideable horses(or guars) or things that introduce new things to the gameplay of morrowind. Examples would be more depth to each skill, (ex. the ability to do flips at at around 50 acrobatics, climbing...) or the ability to rule towns by climbing the ranks. Hey I know its more complicated stuff, but I think it would add way more fun to the game.
Oh one more thing, does anyone remember Daggerfall's character creation? You know, where you chose to add strengths and weakness and would therefore affect the amount of time it would take for you to go up a level. That would kick serious ass. If anyone's interested in doing any of these, I'd help for sure.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 10:50 pm

Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Well, these things aren't trivial - so it will take some time before they show up. They include new animations and stuff, you know...
Post Tue May 14, 2002 6:26 am

I've been thinking putting out a mod that improve some gameplay balance. For example, I changed the Skeleto Key, the one you get when you become the Master Thief from 50 uses to 99999 uses, so this it becomes the true "Master Key" Makes no sense to me a key this special can only be used 50 times. I also want to make torch last a little longer, I think that'll be easy to do. The difficult thing I want to implement is to make people who got knocked out from Hand to Hand stay down for 30 sec to 1 min at the very least and run away after they get up. I thought H2H suppost to let you no kill anyone? But how does that works if the guy keep getting back up 1 second after he got knocked down and keep attacking?
Post Thu May 16, 2002 3:41 am

Dislocage

Well the key thing isn't a big deal, can be done very easily and would kinda be a annoying if it was just that that came in the esp file, maybe if it was combined with other thief related modifications. The h2h thing is definately needed though, I figure bethesda didn't have enough time to fix it or something cause it clearly needs to be there. The length of time you're knocked out should be changeable somewhere in there, but we'll have to look for it, otherwise the closest thing to do would pobably be some kinda tweak where you cause a sleep spell(or paralysation) to be cast on anyone who's gone down to 0 endurance. This would have to be a global script though.

It'd be cool if we formed a rpgdot modding team or something and made a plan on the stuff we would make plugins for so we can all cooperate better and so on *nudge nudge*.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 5:33 am

Hey thats a very good idea! I'm Guest btw. Since I just beat the game and waitign for some patch and a new vid card to start a new game I'll be spending my time on learning the toolset. I think you can put a sleep and then flee spell to a knock down punch. Thanks for the suggestion
Post Thu May 16, 2002 2:06 pm

A Storm Atronach

The problem with third parties developing game adjustments to "fix" game balance is that few people agree on what needs balancing, and in which way. For example, I've seen mods (some decent ones, too) that add levels to attacking critters, and beef up their skills, no doubt because the modders are under the impression that the game's combat is too easy. Conversely, some mods have appeared that include super-items, like boots like supply endless wanter breathing--or, to be frank, the key mentioned above (IMO, and I'm not speaking for anyone else). Obviously, for these people, the game is either too difficult, or they just like the feeling of lording as a lord over Vvardenfell with super goodies.

The answer? I'd like to see a mod that introduces a sort of semi-options panel, with a group of switches/sliders that let you set a level of difficulty or content. I've no idea if such a thing is possible; but if you can add a super-item to the game, presumably you can let the the player choose how many charges that super-item initializes with; or if that fails, to choose among, say, three versions of a super-item: one that has 25 charges then vanishes, one that has unlimited charges but subtracts 1000 drakes from the character's account each time it's used (hey, it's magic: why not?) and why that simply has unlimited charges.

In this way, the spiffy super-item can be a precious artifact that makes the game extraordinarly easy in one respect, or it can simply be a reward of sorts for an action that lasts a short time. My suggestion: give the choice for item configuration, if at all possible, to the user.

I've had my say; now I'll vanish back into my cave.
Post Fri May 17, 2002 11:56 am