Usergroups
'The Choice' = Tips wanted *Some Early-Game Spoilers*
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Id like to share a few ideas I have, and hear toughts from people that have solved more than me of this wonderful game...

Im about level 10 now, and cleansed most of the wastelands/forest. Sometimes I used cliff's to take out 'tough' enemies from safe distance for a quick XP boost.

Most experience so far have gone to increase my strength, and I am a master in 1 handed sword. I heve not spent any points on bow, but I have bought knowledge of Claws, Skinning, Fur, Teeth and Mandibles. I even bought the Blood-Fly book in the New Camp.

My first impression of the old camp was wasted once I met Gomez. An oath to you all that I will try to kill him and all his friends before I reached the end of the game... As long as he doesnt change his manners!

My first impression of the new camp was that the New Camp are no better than the Old Camp... But its getting better. Another oath thou - to kill the Rice Baron before I reach the end of the game...

The Sect is generally trustable... I like them, and I think they are friendly compared to the other two, but it seems like they are all a bit screwed junkies and I dont want to be a screwed up junkie...

But I guess I have to choose...

I dont want to go either Mage or Bowman. Reason? Limited supply. I have already wasted more than half of the arrows in the entire game and spending a good 40+points or so on getting Crossbow is more than I intend to spend. I rather have +40 strength then...

I believe Mage's share the same problem with manapotions... Limited supply.

Now, I like Diego... I think Diego can be trusted to the bitter end, as long as I dont betray him with giving his list to the new camp... And I want two handed weapon fighting (I guess thats the best close range weapons in the game) wich I seem to be able to learn in the castle...

So I intend to go in Diegos footsteps and start out as a guard, then join the sect after ripping Gomez on everything I can get from him. Then Id like to become a Templar, then betray the sect by totally ignore their "god" and "weed"...

At least I can use the swamp as my haven until something new happens in the game. I guess things changes once I reach the old fire mage.

Is this a dump choice? Is there anything I should take in consideration first?
And what should I do in the New Camp before I become a guard (Shadow)?

Best Regards
JemyM

Post Tue Dec 04, 2001 7:21 pm
PaulDenton
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

You can NOT switch camps, once you join a camp, you are stuck with it forever.

I am a Mercenery in the New Camp. If you join the Old Camp let me know what you get for weapons, armors, and magic.

New Camp
--------
Good: armor
OK: weapon
Bad: magic

BTW, weapons and arrows get restock after every chapter, so don't worry about running out of arrows, it would never happen. But, bows are really limited to one-to-one fights.

Post Tue Dec 04, 2001 8:25 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Hmmm, Ive heard that there are no way to become the 'better' level of old camp (Gomez Guard). I also tought it was the two camps that where deadly enemies, but the Sect accepts everyone that would like to join.

But this might not be true. Damn... =

Anyway, it feels like Im a bit overpowerful compared to what I have done in the game so far... I still havnt joined any of the camps and I have a weapon that does 50 damage plus my 46 of strength. Once I reach 2 handed weapons I have a 76 damage 2h sword to replace it with =)

I know that there are probably better weapons out there, but note that I havnt joined any of the camps yet, but can take out an orc in face to face combat, even if I only have peasent trousers =)

Love this game...

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 12:18 am
wysiwyg
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:

On 2001-12-04 18:18, JemyM wrote:
I still havnt joined any of the camps and I have a weapon that does 50 damage plus my 46 of strength.

What 50 damage weapon were you able to find without being a member of a camp?

I did discover that the Sect camp has Templars in isolated locations watching for swampsharks. If you get a Swampshark to chase you towards such a Templar and the Templar gets killed then you can have his 2H sword. I decided not to play a nasty person after all and reloaded :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: wysiwyg on 2001-12-04 19:18 ]
Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 1:17 am
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

The 50 damage weapon is a small hammer... Dont wanna give you exact spoilers if you dont want me to, but its available alright, as long as you are strong enough to go through a bunch of hounds.

The 2h sword comes from a Templar that accidently fall of a bridge in the Mine... I tought he was no good as a templar if he cannot walk a bridge without falling off.

That sword is worth 2000 Ore... Yum. =)

Before that hammer I used a 36 damage Mace found in the mine.

Small update... Since I couldnt become a guard first then a templar I go for templar now instead. =o(

"I only smoke weed when I need to, and I need som rest yo, I confess, I burned the madrass yes, it was me, I play guilty..."
- Faithless - Insomnia

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 4:05 am
wysiwyg
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:

On 2001-12-04 22:05, JemyM wrote:
The 50 damage weapon is a small hammer... Dont wanna give you exact spoilers if you dont want me to, but its available alright, as long as you are strong enough to go through a bunch of hounds.

I never found this hammer. Where was it, go ahead an spoil me. I've found lots of neat hidden spots and lairs, like a cave under a waterfall, but they always have crappy stuff.
Post Sat Dec 08, 2001 12:20 am
wysiwyg
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Nevermind, I found the Orc Hammer right after I posted the last message. It figures :-/
Post Sat Dec 08, 2001 1:29 am
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Great I have finished the game now myself.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Sat Dec 08, 2001 2:08 am