Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
How exactly does sneaking work? (also: making weapons)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Deckchair
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for everybody's help. My manual doesn't actually say anything about the X key, but I guess I could have just checked the control configuration in the options. The obvious never seems to spring to my mind as readily as it ought to.

I guess this is bordering on spoilers now, but one last thing about these Dragonslayer weapons. Can you learn them from this library thing after only learning to make the basic swords, or do you have to learn a whole bunch of different swords before the game lets you? I don't want to spend many points on that skill, but the manual and various threads I've read in this message board seem to indicate that the only real advantage with the mercenaries is the ability to make the better weapons. The mercenaries appeal to me, but I don't want to screw myself over by lacking access to their big reward.
Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:58 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Someone here once said you don't need forging at all to make the final dragon slayer. I do know you don't need more than basic forging if at all. Thing is, you can save before you try something and see how it works out. The game has so much replayability it's not funny. I mean you may decide not to do merc this time, but believe me to get the entire story it's good to play all three guilds at least once. I know the quest doesn't change much, but the guild specific quest in later chapters tell you different things.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:35 am
Deckchair
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I've been trying all sorts of different things and reloading a lot so much that I've been playing for a long time and still haven't chosen a guild. I think I'm ready to progress now that I know I'll be able to reap the full benefits of the dragon slayer later in the game.

My intention is to play through as a mercenary the first time, and then as a mage once the expansion comes out. I'm assuming that you can become a water mage in the expansion, but I'm sticking with my plans even if you can't. As far as becoming a paladin is concerned, I'll see how I feel after I've finished the second time.
Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:19 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

No water mage on expansion. From what I understand there's only about 10 hours of redundant gameplay on the expansion. And there's no oimporting your character. You will have to start from scratch FYI

Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:34 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

10 h only if u are very good trained and know what to do allready but if u jumped into the new landscape soon then u get more than that i actually finished the addon in 2-3 days if i remember correctly[only the new landscape not the whole game] as u know its much harder and u get much poorer also becose many items aint anymore that cheap like they were in G2 and as Gothic fan as me i discovered every corner in the new landscape
Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:00 pm
Flora Steel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by jmurdock
@danny_904

You don't need lp for the dragon slayer weapons. My hero had no lp left when he found the secret library and still learned it.

Secret library? What secret library? Come on...spill it please. Thanks.
Post Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:31 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Ok but this is spoiler stuff. highlight following
Spoiler:

When you get done killing all of the dragons in ch 4, you come back and Xardas is gone leaving you a cryptic letter with Lester. It says to get a book you already gave to Pyrokar in ch 3. In this book is mention of a secret library that the rest of the monastery knows nothing about. In the secret library are the specific instructions for your guild for best weapon and best armor. I say no more. Ruined it enough for you.

Post Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:47 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yeah just go there and u will have the worst nightmare
Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:51 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2