Members
Usergroups
Two Bugs?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Tiercel

Two Bugs?

I'd like your experience with two things that look like bugs in the game.

1) Turn Undead doesn't seem to work.

2) Enchanted items cost way too little.

For the first, I can't seem to get turn undead to work. I chose the Ritual birthsign for this very ability. I wanted to play an undead hunter and go rid the world of undead beasties. But not only does the Ritual's once-a-day turn undead spell not work, but my enchanted ring of turning doesn't work either, even after blasting a skeleton champion over twenty times with the thing. One time I missed the undead I was aiming at and hit a rat by mistake--and I thought I saw the rat turn and run!

I read someone's comment that I had to be really good at conjuration in order for this to work, but that doesn't make sense for a birthsign ability or an enchanted item. Any ideas?

Second, how is it that I can buy a 200 gp sword and enchant it with a 4,000 gp trapped soul and come up with an enchanted item worth only 125gp? Or how is it that enchanted items with powerful enchantments cost no more than the same items without enchantment?

As soon as an item is enchanted, its price ought to be quadrupled at the least, especially if a powerful soul gem has been used to give it a powerful enchantment.

Tiercel
Post Tue May 28, 2002 10:15 pm

Dave
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm don't know about the turn undead power/spell, because I've never used them. I do know about the enchantments though. This is really screwed up! You're absolutely right, that the pricing simply doesn't make any sense at all. I hope they will address this issue in the next patch. If not, perhaps a mod could be made to fix it?
Post Wed May 29, 2002 5:08 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Re: Two Bugs?

quote:
Originally posted by Tiercel

Second, how is it that I can buy a 200 gp sword and enchant it with a 4,000 gp trapped soul and come up with an enchanted item worth only 125gp? Or how is it that enchanted items with powerful enchantments cost no more than the same items without enchantment?

True, i never realy thought about that. I once enchanted a sword with a heal spell, with a soul gem worth 60 000! And i can say, the sword wasn't worth that.
Post Wed May 29, 2002 5:11 pm