Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Leaving items in an area, will they still be there?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Baron

Leaving items in an area, will they still be there?

Ok, If there's a house somewhere, and I kill the person living in it, and take it over and leave all my stuff in there as storage, can I go back to it when I've gone to other areas and will the stuff be there?

This would be good if you were in a general area for awhile, and could commandeer as house so you could have a little "base of operations".

Anyone know if this is possible?
Post Tue May 07, 2002 12:25 am

Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

As far as I know this is completely possible. I recommend saving a Dummy game, then resting over and over for several days...possible go to a few other areas then come back and see if it worked, then at least you will know for sure.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 12:26 am

Try to put your stuffs in some sort of containers: crates, barrels, chests, etc if the house is empty.

The guards will treat you as a criminal if you retieve your own stuffs after putting them in npcs' house.

I store all my stuffs in the beginning cave and various locations gained from "kill" quests.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 1:29 am

I like to put my items into the four crates in front of the
Balmora Magic Guild. I also have a Mark set next to them.
One way trips are nice.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 1:34 am

RyeDog
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yes! I do it too!

Yes, I just wanna tell you that it's absolutely possible. After killing everyone in a cave near the starter village, I claimed it as my own. Every time I go out on new orders, or just to simply explore, I go, I conquer, and I bring home the spoils.

I have quite a collection ranging from expensive cups, clothing, armor, and weapons, but it's really up to you...

I store them here so i can still move around the world freely without being overcome by all the weight of my spoils. I have dumped other things in the cave and they are all still there. I put paper lamps and candles all over my love cave, and i even put one outside my cave to mark it at night, and they are all there. Great friggen game. I use all the crates and storage containers in the cave without problems.

Next on my agenda is to bring home some hotty and maybe store her in my cave ...

Anyways, try it out sometime... Sorry for the blabbing...
Post Tue May 07, 2002 1:40 am