Usergroups
G2 English voice actors
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Lostnumber
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I am not sure which game it was, a military game of sorts; but I swear this one character in the game sounded exactly like Gorn from the English version of G1. Does anyone know who this person is? Have you, the reader, heard a single voice actor in various games?
Post Sat May 10, 2003 6:58 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'm pretty sure that the same guy who does the voices for Magic and Ice and Jagged Alliance 2 is also Gorn (and possibly others) in Gothic. I think he is Thorus as well..

"Snapperheads!"

quote:
Originally posted by Lostnumber
I am not sure which game it was, a military game of sorts; but I swear this one character in the game sounded exactly like Gorn from the English version of G1. Does anyone know who this person is? Have you, the reader, heard a single voice actor in various games?

Post Sat May 10, 2003 7:27 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

German voice actors are quite often the same as well. If you played the German version of Gothic 1/2, you'll recognize the voices in the German version of Arx, and vice versa. Voice acting is often done by the same teams/companies.
Post Sun May 11, 2003 12:44 am
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

Jaz, do those teams/companies not just edit alot of the same voices to make them sound different,, because there is alot of voices i have heard in gothic where it sounds exactly the same except from the voice being slightly higher/deeper in tone..
Post Sun May 11, 2003 12:17 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by ziBzi
Jaz, do those teams/companies not just edit alot of the same voices to make them sound different,, because there is alot of voices i have heard in gothic where it sounds exactly the same except from the voice being slightly higher/deeper in tone..

Most likely they just had the same line read by different actors during the recording process.

For example, some of the stock phrases like :

"Put the weapon away!" , "Go back to your mommy!!", or even the famous "Just keep it quiet, nobody has know.." were probably recorded using different actors and then assigned to the game characters later by the developers.
Post Sun May 11, 2003 3:18 pm
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

Yeah your correct,, but i didnt mean that.. i ment different NPC's saying different things...
Post Sun May 11, 2003 6:37 pm
Xardas_The_Necromancer
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Maybe...

Hey, maybe the hero's supposed to sound pretty similar in both english/german... I mean, maybe they looked up a guy who sounded like the unknown german?
Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:33 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2