I'm going to have to get a new system to play Gothic 2 :-(
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Kabduhl
City Guard
City Guard

I'm going to have to get a new system to play Gothic 2 :-(

Which means I'll be waiting long time to play it . I wish they would have just left the graphics alone and just improved on other stuff. I thought the graphics for Gothic 1 were bad ass and they ran fast on lower end PC's like mine. (p3 450 320 mb ram geforce 4 64mb ) ... oh well gotta upgrade eventually ...
Post Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:20 pm
Brolli999999
City Guard
City Guard

i know how ya feel , but i should be able to run it ok the demo ran smoothly on 1024x768 on medium settings and both 100 draw distance not bad on a 733mhz
Post Sun Feb 09, 2003 1:52 am
Spunior
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

"Upgrade" is the right phrase. Are you sure your motherboard can't handle up to 733MHz CPUs or more? In that case you'd only need a new CPU, which shouldn't be too expensive if you sell your old one.
Post Sun Feb 09, 2003 4:53 pm
Kabduhl
City Guard
City Guard

...well i'm using a hp craptastic pc (sort of a hand me down cause my computer was never mailed to me when i moved) and i'm not so keen on upgrading these kinds of pc's ... i'll just have to wait until i can afford to build myself a new pc ... probably end up getting gothic 2 in the bargain bin so it's not so bad i guess ...

Who am i kidding? It's gonna suck hard waiting to play Gothic 2!!! ahhh i will go insane .... must ........ have ...... gothic 2 ......
Post Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:29 am
Brolli999999
City Guard
City Guard

my comp is 3 years old maximum i can upgrade it to is a 1ghz , but no point of doing that waste of money wont help by much.
Post Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:07 am
RastaBlasta420
Village Leader
Village Leader

The german demo runs fine on my 500MhZ Pentium (327Mb RAM, 64 Mb GeForce 2, blah, blah, blah) But I am looking a decent AMD processor. (More power!)
Post Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:18 am
Kabduhl
City Guard
City Guard

the german demo runs fine on my comp as well at 1024 x 768 with textures and models maxed out ... in fact the graphics have not improved much whcih is fine by me I thought they were awesome in Gothic 1 and no need to go making the system specs too high ...

people have said the ai routines in areas with many inhabitants is what drains on the processor so hard but the demo ran good even in khorinis ...

i'm going to try the game out when it comes out anyway and hope for the best and if it doesn't run well enough i'll just wait until i can build a new rig ...
Post Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:04 am