Usergroups
Easy Money
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
druidvideo
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

While going on a killing rampage one night (my alter save game ego) I kicked the blacksmiths [bottom] and took all his [items]. What I ended up with was about 5000 blank swords...suffice to say that money was never an issue since and have bought tons of useless [stuff] to boost my status in the camps (well not really) Sorry if someone already posted this, I could be bothered searching for something i discovered myself (hey I dont do it often)

cia

[ This Message was edited by: sauron38 on 2002-04-04 16:43 ]
Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 12:41 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

That is a known trick; beat up all the merchants to get their stuff.

I have an advice for you though, don't beat up any merchants except the guys selling potions(getting hundreds of free potions is always a great bonus).

If you need money, beat up the guy selling bows outside the Old Camp, or the 5 merchants in the New Camp(none of the guards will attack you if you do).
Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:14 pm
Marshall Medan
Capitan of the Dark Knights of Nekara
Capitan of the Dark Knights of Nekara

yes the guy is right it is the oldest trick in the book
Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 7:59 pm
Wruf
City Guard
City Guard

I found that made things too easy the first time I played through Gothic though, so this time I plan to play it straight. The only money I get I'm going to earn. :3 No more killing merchants for me. Nope. Personally, I'm hoping someone will release a 'Guards' mod (that's beyond my ability) wherein if you attack a merchant, a bunch of the NPCs would threaten then attack you and the only way you could stop them from killing you would be to bribe them. These NPCs would turn invul but only for the time they'd be guarding. That'd be nice.

Or if someone threw a prison into the game, say a prison that they'd found built out of some old ruins and if you attack people, one of the NPCs knocks you out and you wake up there and the only way out would be to wait the sentence or to bribe the guard. That'd be incredibly neat but I understand that's a massive project, so something like that wouldn't be expected but it would sure help make Gothic complete.

[B]Edit[/I] Hee, come to think of it. It'd be highly ironic and possibly moronic to have a prison in a prison. So probably just fixed AI is best.

[ This Message was edited by: Wruf on 2002-04-05 14:42 ]
Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 8:39 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

If you attack the merchants in the Old Camp before you're too mighty, the guards will punch your lights out and take 50% of your ore.
Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 10:34 pm