Crashes & Bugs: This is what makes my gaming dissappoint
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Crinos
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Crashes & Bugs: This is what makes my gaming dissappoint

I love the graphics, the immersiveness.. but I hate it when the stupid game crashes into my desktop over nothing.. Every 4 hours it goes crash boom back to my desktop. This sucks..

Yesterday I got out of the Dreamer (or whatever is called I am too pissed to remember), mines. I faught with all and got to the end to the big big pool (hints?). So I dropped my Imperial armor (I am in the Imperial Legions), and weared a really cool looking armor. Only to find out that when I got back to Pleiagde (or whatever), the guards wouldn't speak to me because I didn't had my uniform. So I go to Belmora and bought an imperial Chain and when I put it on guess what happened.

Yep. A trip back to the desktop!!! Jesus Christ.. I had to walk around naked, and on a trip to Caldera I was able to buy a stupid imperial plate (duke's plate armor). Only then I was able to go backl to the fort...

This are the crashes that piss me off. And destroy my immersiveness. I only play wondering when Bethesda will send a patch to stop this stupid crashes.. I would give the game a 99% but because of the crashes I can only give it a 89.. and this sucks.. I want this game to get a %100.

Still crashes or bugs won't stop me. I got the book of Prophecies and this RPG will have me hooked till Neverwinter Nights comes around... )))

Any hints, ideas or rants.. please let me know I am not the only schmuck with a Super PC (Dual P3 1000, 1Gb Ram GF3 Ti500, Audigy and surround sound from klipsh & xbox), that gets this stupid hangups.. I wonder if the Xbox version will crash too.

Crinos
Post Tue May 07, 2002 2:54 am
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I got them a couple times, but it's very rare. Easy solution is to tap that F5 key every so often for quicksave..

Other than that I'm not sure what causes them because they are hard to reproduce and I havn't noticed any cause for them yet...
Post Tue May 07, 2002 2:58 am
Beo
Space Defender
Space Defender

It may be video-related. Most of the crashes are related to partiular eye-candies. If MW is DS, we may get an exception error popup with a huge log that we still have no clues what it is about.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 3:09 am
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Haha. I actually didn't have any crashes throughout DS..erm..not that I can remember anyways.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 3:12 am
entrails
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Ive played for 14 hrs and not seen a single crash after daggerfall this makes a pleasant change:)
Post Tue May 07, 2002 9:56 am