FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Locksplitter spell
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread

Locksplitter spell

I was curious if I could find the spell or the scroll for this spell, its "soandsos" locksplitter. Gets you past level 100 locks. I have only found them in dungeons but can't find a spell or a scroll a merchant will sell me. Really need one for a quest. Thanks in advance.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 8:04 am

Xanaki
Ghost of Asheron
Ghost of Asheron

Do you mean there are locks that have higher difficulty than 100? I've not found any such lock yet.

However, if you find a person that sells you a standard lockpick spell, just any spell is enough. Buy it and then go to a NPC that has an ability of Spellmaking. (all mage guilds have one).

Make a spell with 100% lockpick effect. Works wonders, I use it all the time and there are no doors I can go through with my mage (well atleast so far
Post Tue May 14, 2002 11:23 am

Can't go through any doors huh? Gotta be a pain..!
Post Tue May 14, 2002 1:24 pm

Xanaki
Ghost of Asheron
Ghost of Asheron

Wisea** You know what I meant

Typos rock!
Post Tue May 14, 2002 4:51 pm
Nim
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Locksplitter scrolls

There's a bandit cave southeast of Pelegriad that's the target of one of the FG quests - the 'Velothi Gang', or some such. I think the cave is Manammu, or something like that. They have a half dozen or so scrolls of Locksplitting among their loot, as well as a bunch of Dwarven weaponry and armor.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 6:13 pm
Cuular

Where are locksplitter spells?

I can verify that someone in balmora has the spell. On my long winded monk career (sneak 100) I have lifted just about everything in balmora from every vendor. And somewhere along the way I got a couple of those spells. Not that I need them. At security of 40 I can pick the 100 level doors. It just burns through the lockpicks.

So I am not sure exactly where they came from, but probably from some chest in some store owners bedroom. It is amazing how dumb they are to have an unguarded bedroom attached to the store...They are just inviting me in for a little skill furthering.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 11:01 pm

Koloth

Southwest of Gnaar Mok. There's a dungeon called Shurinbaal. A few pirates and it's one of the redoran quests in case you're doing them. I found about seven of these scrolls there.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 3:37 am