Chest in Goblin Kings Treasure Room??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

Chest in Goblin Kings Treasure Room??

I've reached the point where I had to kill all the goblins, king included. When I looted the bodies I found a bunch of keys and added them to my keyring. Now there is one chest in the treasure room that is locked. I tried the keyring and picking it but nothing works. I'm at level #7 with a 50 in picking etc. Is there anything important in this chest?? I need all the help I can get because I haven't been able to beat a Lich or Golem. Also having trouble levitating high enough. HELP PLEASE!!
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:43 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Help

The chest has a few jewels in it, that's all. You need high technical to pick some of the locks in Arx, and have to come back to them much later in game, so it isn't you. As for levitating, it is strickly a matter of where you are when you cast the spell. You will never go up. Just forward. So find the highest ground you can to start from. Killing the liches and Golems is hard and you may need to wander around and level up to get the strength for them. Always save before a battle, so if you cann't beat the guy the first time, right down the location, and see him later. Golems are hit and rum, even if strong, don't let them hit you, and it takes a lot of hits to kill one. Hope this helps some.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:48 pm
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

Thanks for the help cmckj50. I thought maybe if I have more skills I could levitate higher. I can't seem to get into the upper caves in the Ice Caves, or is that called the Crystal Cave area?
I'm glad you told me about the chest because I'm still missing some runes.
Now that I know about the Golem I may go back and try. Finally killed the Lich in the crypt area. Do you know how to open the secret door in tomb 1 to get to room 13. The walkthrough refers to it, I can see it but can't get it to open. This game is great but I am brain dread for sure. First time around takes me awhile. I haven't been able to get to any Snakewomen except the one in the kings palace library. I remeber being somewhere and trying to levitate to a rock shelf but now can't find it. Anyway thanks again for your help and advice.

Last edited by Hawk on Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:47 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Ice Caves

Just as you come in to the section where the Troll lives, coming from the goblin prison, walk along the path and note the tall pointy rocks on the edge on your Left. Find the highest spot here and levitate from there. There is a low spot on the other side towards your Left again. Easy access, but save first, as you may not be ready for what you find. I do suggest you have or be able to cast at least three more levitate spells for this part. Hope this helps.
Mark Twain
Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:55 pm