Re everyone
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
BigDUDU
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re everyone

Re all. I start this by telling you that this is for real and by asking you to read this post entire and excuse my english skill. My name is Radu I'm a roumanian and I'm a gamer or at least I'm trying to be.Why ? because I enjoy poverty. I am 16 years old and I'm living with my father, my mother died when I was 11 years old by cancer. my father works in a factory and his wage is 150 dollars. I'm sure you can't believe this well believe it this is the roumanian life. Sometimes I'm asking myself how he manages to buy food and everything needed, to pay bills and sometimes to give me cash. In 1999 my father bought me a PC a Celeron at 266 mhz with 32 MB Ram PC 100, a 3,2 GB HDD and a Riva Vanta videocard, ahh it was the best byrthday present I have ever seen, it was like honey for a bear or cheese for a mouse. That day was perfect. Some of my friends already had computers so I learned quickly how to use it. Then, then it was inevitable, I discovered GAMES and everysince then my life changed.I enjoyed some of the biggest titles back then like: Half-Life ( thanks Valve I think I played HL about 11 times and never got bored), Quake2, Starcraft, Age of Empires, N4S 3, Carmageddon and many others. I forgot to tell you that in Romania we enjoy cracked games, of course for most of us original games are too expensive. The time was passing by and my PC was too weak for the new games but I was still playing them with low resolution and low detail. In summer 2000 my father suported my first upgrade to my PC with 128 MB Ram PC 133 and a 20GB Quantum HDD and my gamer life continued, of course with low detail and low resolution. I'm proud because I successfully finished many games like No One Lives Forever, Red Alert 2, Baldurs Gate 2, Diablo 2, AoE 2, Shogun: Total War, Black & White, Undying, Gothic(this was very hard), Severance, Desperados, Operation Flashpoint, Tropico, Empire Earth, Max Payne, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2,
Vampire: The Masquerade, Tomb Raider 4, Project IGI, Hitman, Soldier of Fortune, Deus Ex, Thief 2, Commandos 2 and of course many others. You will say no way this guy is lieing well I'm not and I can tell you what pictures I enjoyed in some of the games above. I was playing with 15 fps so there were pictures after pictures a real slideshow. But I'm sure you will not believe this I also played some of the 2002 hits: FIFA2002, THPS3, Ghost Recon, GTA3, Medal of Honour, Return to Castle Wolfenstein but some of them were to hot for my PC. In a stormy night of the summer holiday a f***ing lightning burned my mainboard (motherboard). I couldn't do nothing, neighter my father. I was very upset I was missing th nights spent playing all those games it looked like it was the end. I survived by going to a netcaffe where I start playing Counter-Strike in a team. Boy that was great like discovering the PC games second time. In march 2003 my father gived me the money to buy a motherboard, case and a 433 Mhz Celeron from a second hand shop (I will never do that again). I was reborned, though the PC was still weak I was glad I was able to play once more, i even tryed some of the games who need power like Morrowind (9fps the best RPG I ever played) it was pretty hard but I enjoyed every second and never got bored, the next big title was GTA Vice City now this is a great game a cult game. Everything was nice and good till one night when the f***ing storm camed back. Its like I'm cursed, why me ?, now I'm like a kid without toys or a eagle (not a desert one) with broken wings I can't do nothing, my father cant help me, I cant find a job I'm to young to get one and I must finish my highschool. This is like a nightmare. Now I need at least 100 dollars to buy the cheapest parts on the market and I cant come up with this money because I dont have were to get it
so I must launch this appeal to all the gamers in this comunity maybe you ca help me. If you can contact me at this mail "wizkgula@yahoo.co.uk". Thanks for being so patient to read this and please think about me help anything it's better than nothing.
Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:52 pm