View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Guest Dare

Why won't my custom spell do anything?

I made a custom spell that:
Drains Strength 100pts for 5 seconds on touch and
Drains Fatigue 100pts for 5 seconds on touch

It cost me a butt load of money to make this spell and it costs 225 majicka to cast the !#@% thing! But it doesn't seem to DO anything when it hits....
It just makes a pretty spell cloud and the enemy keeps on swinging like nothing happened. Of course it drains like my entire majicka pool .
If the spell did what it was supposed to do they shouldn't be able to do anything.... 0 fatigue, 0 strength!

Wassup wit dat?
Post Fri Jun 21, 2002 12:24 pm

SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

maybe you screwed up somewhere with the programming or creation of the spell. also, it would be hard for us to help you unless you told us step by step how you created it. i say, load an old save game and re-create the spell.... maybe that would work. but you cant REALLY see what the effects of a -str does... how do you know it shrugs off the efffects? can you SEE the str go or not go down? No.... and many monsters have a lot of fatigue, or sometimes dont even use it at all. your character alone has more than 200 fatigue, and it only lasts for 5 seconds...

Don't you feel better now?
Post Fri Jun 21, 2002 3:20 pm
BearishSun
City Guard
City Guard

You wasted your money on that spell even if it would work.. 5 seconds is too low and if you say it drains all of your magica then it realy has no use...hope you didint spent alot of cash on it
Post Fri Jun 21, 2002 7:19 pm
Guest Dare

I made this spell at a spellmaker in game. I didn't use the editor.

And I don't care how Uber a mob is.... after -500 strength -500 fatigue it should at least SLOW DOWN!!!!!
Post Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:23 pm

Prgrmr@wrk
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Uh, their strength won't go down 500pts. It will be down 100pts for 5 seconds, then back up. You need to DAMAGE strength, that'll do the trick. As for the fatigue, you'll have to punch em at least once, once their fatigue goes down. Kinda like being dead tired on your feet. Whap em in the head, and they'll go down. Barring, of course, some potion they drink or something.
Post Sun Jun 23, 2002 10:32 pm