Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Could someone with high hand-to-hand skills try this for me?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Ryan Fenton

Could someone with high hand-to-hand skills try this for me?

1. Save next to an enemy that seems like it would be just slightly difficult to take on with hand-to-hand. Nothing life-threatening, but enough to have an impace on your life bar.
2. Fight the enemy with hand-to-hand combat, striking as fast as you can, and count the number of strikes it takes to knock out the enemy, then how many strikes it takes to kill the enemy once they start going unconcious. Also note how much damage you took in the process.
3. Reload the game, and this time fight again with hand-to hand - but instead of striking as quickly as possible, try holding the attack button down for a good second longer, before releasing the attack. Again, count the number of hits it takes, and how much damage you take before the fight is over.
4. (optional)If the results prove interesting, try again waiting 2 seconds before releasing the attack. See if you can find the 'sweet spot' for efficient hand-to-hand fighting.
5. Compare the results you've gathered, and post them here if possible, along with the enemy, your hit points and armor class, and your skill in hand-to-hand fighting, and anything else you might find interesting.

:^)

Ryan Fenton
Post Tue May 21, 2002 5:14 am

Squeetard
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Nah
Post Tue May 21, 2002 5:38 am
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

hehehe. dang it. can't find my stop watch and calculator

So what were your results?
Post Tue May 21, 2002 5:51 am
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Well, I could possibly attempt to do this against one of thoouse f*c*i*g birds or something, but to give you a preview I would say that it takes 2-3 blows if you do the walk-right-heavy punch (it is a difference between different punches you know) to knock it unconcious, and then 3-5 to kill it afterwards. Thats at 120 (sujamma boosted) strength and 100 in H2H.

After all, I have defeated stuff like golden saints and Deadra Lords using nothing but my bare hands... But thats more a trial than a serious taken combat, since defeating the same opponent with a WarHammer reduces the time it takes to defeat the same person by about /10...

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Tue May 21, 2002 6:32 am