View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by LORD_LSD
For me the new drivers solved nothing, still crashes after 2-3 hours. Annoying, but not harmful if you remember to hit that quicksave button every 5 minutes.

Exactly same here.
I though about overheating, because I always overlock my GForce 2 GTS when playing MW, but it is not overheating, because when I start MW again, it runs fine another 1 or 2 hours.
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 6:00 pm
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

It seems that unofficial exe patch worked in my case, had not a single crash last night, played about 4 hours and it used to crash under one hour playtime
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 6:17 pm
Delmonte
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I also get a loading leading to crashing. It can happen when leaving buildings or just when wandering the countryside. It is also not a random thing but systematic. I cannot tell you the system though.

There was one time I was playing and I had just saved it, I walked over to pick a herb of a plant and walked over to a rock - boom desktop. So I reloaded and did it again - boom desktop. And again ... And I though ahh Morrowind is broken it won't let me go into this region at all. But one last time I decided not to pick the herb and walked the other way towards the tree and then back towards the new region that I had to go to - no problem.

Wierd wierd wierd, a repeatable bug but no clue about what I was repeating.
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 11:36 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

I am kind of annoyed that WormGod's mod, Morrowind Advanced, has made my mage loose his source of Daedric weapons, nearly tripled the number of swings needed to kill a cliff racer with a damn lightsaber, (~same damage as a Daedric Dai-Katana ) and made fast travel a couple fold more expensive (100 gold from Seyda Neen to Gniss will make most any level one go hungry for a week), with no chance of being able to turn it off.
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 1:49 am
Phil

Crashes to desktop

Gutted.
Hardware accel set to zero or basic doesn't make a difference, I've got the latest drivers, and still nothing.
Glad the reinstalling thing worked for you but there's nop way I'm going to reinstall my entire PC just for one game...surely that's not necessary!?

On the phone (again) to tech support guy last night who said this time that my problem was with my GeF0rce 2 card, and that, as it's a 32MB card, but under DXdiag it says 31.5MB, the game won't work. Does anybody know if this is true or not? He's told me to upgrade to a 64MB card, which is probably quite safe advice from his point of view, but I'm just wondering if next time he'll turn around and say: Get 1024MB of RAM, or a P4 2GHz...
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 7:55 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2