Question about NPCs...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
jldawson
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Question about NPCs...

Do any of them have any personality?! Just got the game this afternoon, and so I haven't gotten that far, but every character I have talked to (in three different towns) says pretty much the same thing, well actually the EXACT same thing. And none have any opinions or stories to share. I'm a bit disappointed by this...
Post Sat May 04, 2002 10:26 pm
jldawson
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

You know what it is.. It's like I am not talking to someone, but instead reading various posted bits of information. And like, I know in Gothic you had lots of characters who repeated the same stuff, but the ones who didn't actually had something *interesting* to say. Plus they were easier to distinguish.
Post Sat May 04, 2002 10:32 pm
lim

Yeah I think most RPGs are like that, the developers can't type personalised text for every NPC in the huge game. The only way they can do that is if there are very few NPCs, like in Diablo. I guess thats why some people still play online RPGs!

You might be able to make a MOD that changes what the NPCs say?
Post Sun May 05, 2002 10:31 am

Speechcraft has a purpose,!

And bribery can take you far.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 11:02 am

Mephy

Try to improve speechcraft. And dont compare it with Gothic. That game was SMALL, so no wonder it had more personality.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 11:21 am