It's A Dress
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

Hi All.

Badger here again to plague you with dumb questions.

Here's the thing. I fancied joining the Old Camp, because I felt I have something in common with it. WHICH IS TO SAY I AM OLD.... NOT CAMP!!!! (Never, poke the Badger)

Anyway... I set about performing tasks for the high, the mighty and the obviously insane. Weighty and important quests like..

Shadow: Times are dark inded here in the Oldcamp.

Me: Do you need a good man?

Shadow: Indeed we do, but not just any man will do. We need a man of integrity, a man of Honour. We need a man whose courage knows no bounds and who laughs at danger. A man spits in the eye of adversity and spanks the bottom of Death! Are you such a man?

Me: I am the man who you seek. I pledge my Pointy Stick of Hurting to your cause. Howmay I serve the Old Camp.

Shadow: Very well then my fine upstanding fellow. Take this pint of milk to Thorus would you?

(Gaghghghgh!)

Oh, sorry guys. I lost my way a little there and forgot to ask my question.

One of the Shadows asked me to get a formula for a drug of some kind from the Sect Camp. I set about gaining the trust of the Guru type in charge... but I got a bit carried away and now I am a novice and I have a dress!!!!

I feel like I have been grabbed by the Hari Krishna's (oooooh nasty!).

Is it too late to change camps? I've not noticed any difference in the way the Old Camp types treat me. But now any sect people I meet, Scream "AWAKEN"! at me. Now this is a bit of a give away as far as camp alligience goes and I just say.. "yes..shhhhhh very nice and you awaken too" and wander off as if I don't know them.

Anyway.. can I change? Or failing that can anyone suggest a good store to get a handbag and shoes to go with this outfit?

Badger.

[ This Message was edited by: Badger on 2002-04-10 02:29 ]
Post Tue Apr 09, 2002 1:46 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Now that was one hilarious story again, my friend... unfortunately I have to tell you that you will be stuck with your Hare Krishna brothers to the very end now.

What's wrong with dresses, though? They wear them in all camps... the Mages walk the countryside in nightgowns, the OC guards prefer mini skirts.

As for your question about the bag and shoes... perhaps one of the armorers might fashion you some, Wolf in NC is said to be very inventive as far as fashion design goes... or rob one of Y'Berion's fan girls .

Post Tue Apr 09, 2002 1:52 pm

Post Tue Apr 09, 2002 2:46 pm

Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

Hi, nony courtesy of me again! See it up there?

''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Tue Apr 09, 2002 2:52 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

I suggest you run to the nearest airport and hang out at the entrance. (At least that's what they do here in the states)
Post Tue Apr 09, 2002 2:59 pm
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

Hari (ching) Hari Hari (ching) Hari Hari (ching) Hari Hari (ching)

Hey...how am I going to remember all the words anyway???

Badger.

[ This Message was edited by: Badger on 2002-04-10 02:27 ]
Post Tue Apr 09, 2002 3:27 pm
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

Jaz says "unfortunately I have to tell you that you will be stuck with your Hare Krishna brothers to the very end now."

Thanks Jaz
I admit that this is not the news I was hoping to hear. But I guess I'll make the best of it. I have been tasked with finding the MineCrawler nest in the old mine and discovering a better way of getting the secretion? However the minecrawlers have only to breath hard in my direction and I die horribly. So I guess I will have to set about becoming a Templar in order that I might show these foul insects the error of thier ways.

I'll have to save my progress on a floppy soon anyway and come back to the game at a later date. My beautiful Morrowind will be along shortly (for which I have just upgraded to a Geforce 4) and as I only have time to concentrate on one of these at a time, I shamelessly admit that the fickle Badger will switch (temporarily) to Morrowind, quicker that you can say "Stripey Woodland Creature"

Bye for now

Badger

Post Wed Apr 10, 2002 7:44 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Is Gothic compatible with a GeForce4 ?
Which card exactly?
Post Wed Apr 10, 2002 7:54 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Those crawlers dislike the use of bows and arrows (or crossbows and bolts). Keep your distance, shoot them with arrows, and when they notice you, turn and run to lead them to helpful mine personnel. Asghan is a good choice for that as he is - quite contrary to the crawlers - immortal.
Good luck.

Post Wed Apr 10, 2002 8:11 am
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

Gorath
You definately know how to spoil someones day! I don't know if Gothic is compatible.. it never occured to me that there might be a problem. My nice new card is waiting at home to be fitted by one of the programmers where I work. So I will really have to hope for the best now.

In answer to your question though.. it is a "Creative Labs Geforce 4 Titanium 440"
I could not afford to spring for the TIT460, but my techguy says this will be blisteringly fast anyway.

Will this mean goodbye Gothic? I definately hope not. But if it does I guess I will just have to wait for Gothic to be patched up, or for Gothic 2.

Badger.

Post Wed Apr 10, 2002 9:17 am
Entropy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:

On 2002-04-10 02:54, Gorath wrote:
Is Gothic compatible with a GeForce4 ?
Which card exactly?

do you know of possible incompatibilities?? could you be more clear?
Post Wed Apr 10, 2002 9:27 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

See the troubleshooting forum. I suggest you coordinate yourself with this guy to try everything possible.

I know of one _possible_ incompatibility and I donīt know anybody who got it working.
Post Wed Apr 10, 2002 9:34 am
Entropy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You talk about the freeze after the PB logo? it seems nobody in the troubleshooting area found a way around it, except disabling the Asus vga probe...
I'm running with a Gf2 GTS (7700), and was considering an upgrade to Gf4, now i'm concerned if i will still be able to play Gothic!
I was wondering if anyone of the PB team read the forums could help a lot, even with a solid "No way a Gf4 will run Gothic", or something that clear!

any clue??
Post Wed Apr 10, 2002 10:37 am
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

Thanks for the Advise Gorath.

I'll have a quick look in that forum. But unfortunately I am pretty Technically Challenged and have the terrible blight of a Butterfly Mind, combined with an extreamly low boredom threshold. So if a solution isn't really easy, (ie load this patch Badger and all will be well) I would be more likely to leave it.

I stand in awe of people who can work out technical solutions to these problems, but I will only be crying till Morrowind.

Thanks again
Badger
Post Wed Apr 10, 2002 10:50 am
-Rattlesnake-
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Heh heh ... noticed that too.
Post Wed Apr 10, 2002 1:05 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next