Usergroups
So many bugs in game!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
NeckRomancer
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It's so messed up this game is so buggy....
Is there a patch other then 1.08 to fix some bugs?
Aslo...what is the highest level you can get...and does this game follow the same storyline every time even though you may be in a diff. camp the second time you play..

For now i find this power gained is more unto a curse.My spirit burns with every spell and each irreverent verse.Despite this strength and knowledge earned,i have paid a heavy toll,Never should've traded power for my own immortal soul.
Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 7:24 am
Ariakas
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

The game does have a few bugs, most of them have to do with gates and winches.
Basically DON'T TOUCH THEM until you get the quest to do so. Because they are scripted to only work once.

As far as how high a level you can go, well I have been up to level 38 without cheating.

As for story being linear.
After chapter 2 starts the game is extremly linear, with some minor changes due to which camp you start with.

Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 7:33 am
-Rattlesnake-
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Once, a bug deleated my saved game!

Every man returns to dust

-Phish, Farmhouse
Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 8:36 am
SwampChronic
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I get lucky a lot and the bugs help me

At least a dozen times my life was spared because a monster got stuck in a wall and i just shot him to death

i also like how when you throw lit torches into water they stay lit for like a whole day underwater
Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:35 am
Wruf
City Guard
City Guard

Like life, Gothic isn't perfect. Not everything will come off perfectly. Not every creature is a perfect hunter, so I persoanlly enjoyed a lot of the bugs; which resulted in amusement or amazement for me. The only things that really irritated me were the winch things, which I later discovered about.

Aside from the winches, there's only one bug that irritates me. It's the 'Fall Right' bug. I hate it. ;3 I feel cheap every time I accidentally use it. I like judging my falls carefully so I hit rocks and stuff to get down long distances, I end up reloading if I do a 'Fall Right'. That's the only one bug I'd like to see fixed.

The rest are perfectly fine by me. Oh, well, except the winches but the winch bug is easily solved by not touching them, like Ariakas said. Mostly though, they're fun. No need to be pedantic about a few interesting (rather than annoying) bugs in an an otherwise fantastic game.
Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 8:11 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I can't remember having a problem with a single gate..

The bugs that annoy me are the ones turning the sky into a flashing lightshow, and the same with the water.

Also, once I actually saw the scripts in the game, and that was very strange indeed(only saw the scripts in the old camp, but I now know what triggers people to go to work/sleep).
Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 8:58 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

I haven't seen much bugs... but i haven't played THAT much. But, its not like im looking for bugs, im no beta tester.
Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 10:28 pm
NeckRomancer
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well the game IS awsome..can't for the sequel!!
But i had bugs taht crashed my game...stuff like that...i don't like the way that did it when a char. is following you if you run too fast ...they appear back where you met them last...Thats a pain..BIG pain

For now i find this power gained is more unto a curse.My spirit burns with every spell and each irreverent verse.Despite this strength and knowledge earned,i have paid a heavy toll,Never should've traded power for my own immortal soul.
Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 1:44 am