Ummm, whats going on with my armour???
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
pakaraatzi
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Ummm, whats going on with my armour???

I found some nice armour, a drough cuirass, which had an AC of 70. So when it was on, I had 35 armour. After I arrived In Balmora, I went to sell my old armour, and noticed my AC was down to 20. So I check the Drough curiass, and its now only 20 AC???? But its still worth 5K. I decided to load a save game, that was right after finding it. Even in that saved game, its down to 20 AC??? I KNOW it was 70 AC then.

I am thinking this is a bug, but I could be wrong, but I dont see how my 70AC amour is suddenly 20 AC, no matter what save game I load. Whats going on????
Post Sun May 12, 2002 6:48 pm
BIGTOBBACO
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Sounds like

Sounds like a bug from when you were picking it up (looking at it on the ground or out of a chest) or when buying it (from a shopkeeper) Havent really heard any of this happpening before so i dunno for sure... just thought id reply cuz you have a planescape avatar. i love planescape:torment.
You cannot see me,
You cannot hear me.
Your already Dead."

-The Shadow Knights Oath-
Post Sun May 12, 2002 7:10 pm
Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

The ac is based on your skills. Maybe your armor skill or some stats where negatively influenced? or maybe it was broken.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 7:16 pm
pakaraatzi
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Ok, I finally was able to search on the official forums, and it seems that its something to do with wieght. Dreugh armor is on the borderline of medium and heavy, so it gets screwed up.

thanks for the replys
Post Sun May 12, 2002 8:01 pm

Same happened with both dreught and indoril to me, when I first picked it up it said it was medium armor and my medium armor skill was very high and after saving and loading or something my armor rating plummeted cause it was suddenly heavy armor again
Post Sun May 12, 2002 8:51 pm

pakaraatzi
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Yeah, very screwy. But all I had to do is open up the editor, and change the weight of the armor from 27 to 26. So now its always medium armor, and works fine. Yay for the editor.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 9:06 pm