Stuck - Hlaalu ( Twin Lamps )
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
mersil
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Stuck - Hlaalu ( Twin Lamps )

i am where i just finished getting sponsored by Curio. i just finished the first Quest from the Dukes, daughter, and now the next quest talks about Twin Lamps. well all she says is , Ohh im sorry i thought we had something in common, no matter if i click yes or no, same thing.

i have a strategy book, so i went further just to try to force the quest.

so i went on to , North of Genisis and talked to the person by the dock, she says nothing of this missing person,

also i cannot find any Daderic Ruins to the East ? where he is supposedely hiding ? i was thinking if i could get him back there m, just maybe, she might talk to me. and the quest would pick up ?

please help.
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 11:52 am
Guest Dare

I have not done this quest but my first guess is to increase the quest givers disposition towards you. Bribe, admire, etc... and then try to talk to them again.
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 12:01 pm

Hm, firstly these quests aren't even mildly related

You are actually mixing 3 different faction quests.

Duke Veram Dren's daughter runs the Twin Lamps faction quests, you need to talk to a slave after freeing him/her about going free then they will mentnion the Twin Lamps and tell you waht to say when the duke's daughter says "Have you seen the Twin Lamp" it's something along the lines of "They light the way to freedom".

You are lead to the dukes daughter by doing a quest for Gentleman Jim Stacey doing the quests he gives you outside of the thieves guild quests to return some sort of ring.

What the Hlaalu's have to do with this I can't possibly imagine, but they stick their noses everywhere

So if you wanna do the Twin Lamps quests you first need to free some slaves and get the secret passphrase, there are some slaves that will do this in the Vivec Telvanni channelworks
Then talk to the duke's daughter, then she will tell you go to Ald Velothi and then the people there will know what you're there for
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 12:34 pm

mersil
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

well she is next on my list in the strategy book.i apparantly need more quest, cause i am still just a kinsman, and Curio wont give me any more quest until i advance. ( he say work on them skills. but i have everything required above 25 )

and her disposition is a@ 99

Ilmeni Dren's Quest, ( the Dukes Daughter ) is in the Hlaalu quest section. she is actually before Crassius Curios Quest , and the Duke Vedam Quest are last to do in Hlaalu Factions Quest ?

all of this is because i want to advance enough to get the Duke to give me the Contract . to build my strong hold, i already have land deed, but no contract .

and if i were to proceed and free the slave, where are the daderic Ruins to the East ??
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 12:58 pm
Nael
Village Leader
Village Leader

try advancement

gotta click on it

If that doesn't work try like previous posts have mentioned and raise your faction as high as you can. With guild guides though it can be difficult to raise to 100 w/o finishing all of your quests, but I would think anything above 70 would result in them giving you your duties no matter what... If not, maybe you're not asking the right quest giver or you have mod problems. Hope this helps.
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 3:53 pm
mersil
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

apparantly you peeps arent readeing what i said............
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 2:50 am
theohall

If you already have the land deed, you only have to get your rep up with Duke Dren to get the contract. I didn't do a single quest for the Duke and got the contract. Duke Dren's quests aren't supposed to start until AFTER you've finished the quests for Curio and you can get your stronghold long before finishing the quests for Curio.
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 4:23 am

theohall

Forgot to add - I never did a Twin Lamps quest and became the top dog in House Hlaalu following ONLY the House Hlaalu quests.

Sounds like the strat guide is flawed.
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 4:24 am

theohall

Thought - Ilmeni Dren is tied to House Hlaalu, but that doesn't mean her quests are necessary to advance in House Hlaalu.

I don't recall doing any quests for her other than one Curio asked me to do and it terminated when I talked to Curio after completing the quest.
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 4:27 am