Falling through the ground
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
FlipMoeJack
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Falling through the ground

Since the installation of the Patch v1.2.0722 I have noticed that I fall through the ground far more than ever before (once before one version 1.1)Now it occurs atleast 3-5 times in one sitting which is generally 2-3 hours long.

It mostly happen in Vivec, but I have also experienced this in the wilderness and in several other towns. I jump a lot to travel because I maxed out my acrobatics, but never before have a jumped and was unsure whether or not the floor would be solid.

I fall straight through the floor and eventually hit water. From there I usually reload or if I'm in Vivec I just swim out of the water area in the bottom building and into the open waterways of vivec and climb my way up eventually.

This problem has become an annoyance, but I can live with it since its only 3-5 times. I'm just wondering whether anyone else have experienced this since the installation of the patch v1.2.0722.

Anyone else have this falling through the ground problem?
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 8:42 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Yep, it happened on me few times. But that only happen when my character is running 100 km/h (max out in agility/speed/acrobatic), or use Boots of Blinding Speed, or when turning suddenly and "pop!" i fell through building; and yes it is especially happened at Vivec.

It is very possible that the character move too fast and the game engine is lagging behind rendering the collision (?), so when the character step on the ground/physical surfaces that haven't properly rendered then he/she will falling into hell/heaven....It happen more often maybe because Vivec is big city, so off course the rendering also respond slower to your fast character movements and that explain why falling happen more often at Vivec.....

And another thing, don't believe all i have said because i only speculating....
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 9:34 pm
FlipMoeJack
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Actually what you are saying makes sense. It may not ne right, but lets wait til you are proven wrong by someone first right?

I also maxed out in Athletics, Acrobatics and Agility. I never thought about the the player moving to fast for the engine as being the problem. The thing I'm wondering is that, why did it start happening after the patch v1.2.0722 was installed? What did they implement in the patch that would cause this. Of course I'm assuming its the patch that created this little bug/problem because it has occurred frequently after the Patch was installed. Before this patch I experienced many CTD, but no more, instead it has been replaced with a Crash Through Floor bug.
Post Thu Aug 15, 2002 9:47 pm
Spawnster
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

also in v1.2 patch, do u guys encounter c.t.d more often compared to v1.1?

it seems like it's occuring more often than b4 a few other players hv confirmed this too.

wonder what Bethesda is doing???
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 7:46 am
FlipMoeJack
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

All Bethesda is doing is releasing bugs in every new Patch. I haven't noticed whether or not I have been CTDing more than before because I've been ore interested in Cracing Through Floor bug.
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 7:16 pm