Gothic 2: The Night of thr Raven - E3 Trailer @ Gamer's Hel
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Gothic 2: The Night of thr Raven - E3 Trailer @ Gamer's Hel

JoWood has released the official E3 trailer for Gothic 2: The Night of the Raven (!). Grab the 8.4Mb file from <a href="http://www.gamershell.com/download_5837.shtml" target="_blank">Gamer's Hell</a>.
Post Thu May 13, 2004 11:30 am
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

There - isn't this a good sign.
Post Thu May 13, 2004 11:32 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Yeah

finally, trailers are good, yes, yes,...

...my precious
Post Thu May 13, 2004 12:05 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

This is stupid, they name it the addon trailer, but it's just a normal Gothic 2 trailer. Not a Night of the Raven trailer.

/edit: they did upload some new screenshots
Post Thu May 13, 2004 12:13 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Are they just using the old trailer for the add-on since it is in English? The English add-on never had a English trialer? What gives?

Did they announce it at E3? I have not seen it yet, maybe later today...so far only Soldner and Yeti sports.

Since they are in Los Angeles, CA here in the USA. I see they uploaded that one this moring here at the start of E3 (we are a day behind).

SOOOO I guess they are using that trailer to show something and the English Gothic 2 add-on will have to be officially anounced today in the next 12 hours ( tommorrow is the last day of the event).
Post Thu May 13, 2004 12:35 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

I saw the German trailer at Gamershell with this link You see Raven standing over there.
NFG member
Post Thu May 13, 2004 3:40 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

I just had to post this to make it my 400 th post!

The English text patch to use with the German add-on is almost finished; end of next week for an ETA.

There is some very good talent on the team. I am slow, thus only I was only able to put in a small minor part. I can not speak German, so it takes me forever to translate. Some times I do not know the context of word usage.

But if it is not announced by tomorrow; people can still look forward to the English Raven text patch made by the team to end of next week. No matter what happens.

No matter what, the English Raven text Mod will be published since many may prefer the German version using the English subtitles in Europe. Plus the German add-on is cheap to buy right now since it has been out for awhile.

For us in the USA; we can buy the German Gothic 2 Gold Edition; or just install the German Raven add-on over the English G2 (there is a simple method to do this) and play with English subtitles and 70% of the original voices in English, mixed with German voices.

I certainly have learned more German than I use to know! It is good to know more than one language. I like alot of the games from Germany; they are pretty good.
Post Thu May 13, 2004 9:03 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

More info from E3

Vesti bune, dragi RPG'isti! Se pare ca JoWooD va expune pe taraba sa de la E3 o oferta cum nu se poate mai apetisanta, dominata autoritar de Gothic III si întregita de expansion-uri solide, gen Gothic II: Night of the Raven (hmm... oare?), SpellForce: Breath of Winter si Silent Storm: Sentinels! Asadar, o data cu debutul E3-ului, se va impune o noua actualizare a poll-ului din partea dreapta - dar si o resetare a voturilor, "multumita" sabotorului maniac de Doom 3 sau mai stiu eu ce alt joc promis de Activision... :-/

- Gothic II: Night of the Raven
- Gothic III
- Silent Storm: Sentinels
- SpellForce: Breath of Winter
- Stargate-SG1

The language looks like Italian but iti is not. I can loosely translate it just by feel.
-------
Vesti bune, dragi RPG'isti! Se pare ca JoWooD va expune pe taraba sa de la E3 o oferta cum nu se poate mai apetisanta, dominata autoritar de Gothic III si întregita de expansion-uri solide, gen Gothic II: Night of the Raven (hmm... oare?),
-------------
Good day RPG ers! We have expanded our list of the E3 offering for JoWooD to be coming to wet your appetiate. Dominate authority of G3 and integrity of the expansion solid for G2 NoTR ---> Mainly G3 and but honestly solid the expansion for G2 NotR is coming out.

Geez what language is that??? Italian with Spanish with a touch of Russian added in. Somewhere in the East European countries?

I did see Atari is re-releasing Gothic 2 again at EBgames.com. Now why would they do that? getting ready for the expansion release?; after all, you need the original to play it in English. G2 was no longer for sale at EBgames, now it is back.

hmmm. something is happening....
Post Fri May 14, 2004 10:31 pm

It's Romanian, I think.
Post Fri May 14, 2004 11:24 pm